This delicious chicken marinade is a preparation of Spanish origin adopted by us in Peruvian cuisine. Integrating new very own ingredients, This fusion dish represents Peru in the world. Do you want to learn how to prepare it? Lets go cook!
How to Prepare Chicken Adobo
The famous chicken marinade is a flagship dish of Peru and its gastronomy. Its preparation is easy and fast, which is why this dish is ideal for family lunches.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||560 calories|
- 500 grams of chicken
- 4 tablespoons of liquefied panca chili
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 red onions chopped into strips
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup of chicha de jora
- 1 red hot pepper chopped into thick strips
- cumin to taste
- dried oregano to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- In a pot, add the chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, add the panca pepper, garlic, cumin, rosemary, oregano, vinegar and one of the onions.
- On the other hand, blend the chicha de jora with the other onion. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Mix everything with your hands to impregnate the meat with the marinade. Let marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Now, bring the pot to medium heat until the cooking liquid reduces and thickens.
- Next, add the chopped hot pepper into thick strips. Lower the fire.
- Cook until chicken is tender and marinade is thick.
Now we have for you these 3 Tips that will make your chicken marinade much more delicious.
Tips and tricks
- This dish can be served with white rice and yucca or parboiled sweet potato.
- If you would like a thicker marinade, you can make a mixture of bread, onion, oregano, and oil. Blend and add at the end of cooking.
- Chicha de jora can be substituted for black beer.
Adobo is a dish whose origin is spanish , being this adopted by the gastronomy of our country. Currently it is part of the most representative dishes in all of Peru and there are different versions with different types of meat.
Wikipedia tells us about marinade that “Adobo is the immersion of raw food in a broth or sauce Composed of paprika, oregano, salt, garlic and vinegar to preserve and enhance its flavor. For this reason this dish is so striking and delicious.
This begins in the years after the conquest of America, looking for new preservation methods for food, Since the climate did not always provide low temperatures, they saw the need to apply other techniques. The animals were slaughtered in winter and over time this method was used for the warmer months.
Over time, this preservation method became a way of seasoning food. Likewise, preparations began to be made with the marinade as the main base, such as the marinated dogfish. , made with school shark, originally from Cadiz, Spain. In this way, it evolved until it reached recipes such as our delicious Chicken Adobo.