Peruvian Aguajina Recipe
Looking for a refreshing drink? Do you like tropical drinks? If so, our Aguajina Refreshment preparation is for you. Delicious drink flavored with tropical aguaje, perfect for events or gatherings with family and friends. In addition, it is excellent to accompany a good jungle meal. Stay with us and let's learn more about this delicious Peruvian drink!
How to Prepare Aguajina
For the Aguaje Refreshment recipe you need few and cheap ingredients, completely accessible. Its preparation is usually short in time and that is why this traditional Peruvian drink has remained among the most popular and refreshing.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||35 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||5 servings|
|🔥 Calories||225 calories|
- 2 kilos of mature aguaje
- 1 liter of cold water
- Cloves to taste
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- Sugar to taste
- How to make Aguaje Juice? Simple! Peel the aguajes and remove the pulp that surrounds the seed very well.
- On the other hand, in a pot, boil the water and add cinnamon powder to taste and cloves to taste to flavor. Let it cool.
- Now, add the pulp to this Aguaje preparation and knead, squeezing well or crushing with a mashed potato masher.
- Finally, strain the preparation in its entirety, add sugar to taste and also add some ice cubes to refresh.
Very good! You already know how to prepare Aguajina. But this is not all, here we leave you these three great tips to make your drink the best.
Tips and tricks
- If you are a person with slightly more practical tastes and less time to prepare. You can make use of an aguaje pulp paste if you like.
- It is a highly recommended drink to accompany traditional jungle meals due to its tropical flavor.
- The biggest secret to making an excellent drink is that the aguajes are fully ripe. This will allow a better flavor and longer duration of the drink.
This refreshing traditional and indigenous drink from Peru, prepared from the popular aguaje fruit, It is one of the most consumed in the entire Peruvian jungle. Its outstanding sweet flavor and its remarkable aroma are a delight for all diner at lunches and walks. This cold drink is served in this way to take advantage of its excellent cooling qualities in hot weather or jungle tropics.
There are many rumors about this popular fruit in the jungle that are credited with medicinal properties; This happens because the aguaje is rich in vitamins A and C. In addition, it has antioxidants and stimulants of the immune system that positively contribute to the functioning of the body.
The Aguajina is a drink from the aguaje, which comes from its Mauritia flexuosa tree. This tree tends to grow in swampy areas in the shape of a palm tree , being permanently flooded, bears fruit when it reaches its palm standard. However, there are female and male palm trees.
In the jungle of Peru, this fruit is spoken of as mystical and many prohibit men from eating it; because it is believed that this fruit has female hormones and that they are not recommended for them. Likewise, they are recommended to women for menopause and for the development of feminine aesthetic beauty in terms of hair and breast growth.
Did you like our preparation and information about the famous Aguajina? Help us and leave us your opinion. Comment, rate the recipe and share through social networks with all your friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru.
Now we leave you here a wonderful selection in TOP 5 made for your enjoyment of our Spirits and Drinks category:
- Delicious Pisco Sour recipe
- How to prepare a rich Emollient
- Easy and quick Chicano de Pisco recipe
- How to prepare a Passion Fruit Chicano
- Caspiroleta in a few steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Aguajina you can visit our category Spirits and Drinks.