Peruvian Aguaymanto Sour Recipe
We imagine that many of our readers do not associate the word cocktail with healthy. Well, to your surprise, Aguaymanto Sour is, thanks to this fruit of high nutritional value that grows in the Andes of Peru. With an acidic flavor very similar to that of blueberries, combined with our delicious pisco, the Aguaymanto Sour is a delicious cocktail for every occasion. Let's go with the recipe!
How to prepare Aguaymanto Pisco Sour
Aguaymanto Sour is based on a good pisco and rubber syrup. The point of acidity of all sour cocktails comes with the Aguaymanto. To prepare it, we will need sour cocktail glasses (long glass) and a blender.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||0 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||10 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||35 calories|
- 3 ounces of pisco
- 3 ounces aguaymanto juice
- 1/2oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 ounce of syrup
- two aguaymantos to decorate
- 4 drops of Angostura bitters
- Place the glasses in the refrigerator hours before making the preparation.
- In the blender add the ice cubes and the aguaymanto juice, blend until all the ice is crushed.
- Add the other ingredients: pisco, lemon juice, simple syrup and the egg white.
- Blend again until foam forms.
We have a couple of little secrets to prepare make this unforgettable cocktail
Tips and tricks
- Squeeze the lemons only 70% so as not to extract the bitterness of the liquid that the lemon peel expels.
- The pisco must be of quality, according to the experts the most recommended for this cocktail is the Pisco Quebranta .
The Aguaymanto Sour is one of the different versions of our traditional Pisco Sour, it is said that this mixture was born as an initiative of an ingenious barman from the city of Huancayo , located in the Andean zone of Peru.
The Aguaymanto or Capulí is a wild fruit cultivated in our country since the time of the Incas, cultivated mainly in what we call the Sacred Valley of the Incas . In addition, historians say, it was the favorite plant to adorn the gardens of the nobles with its beautiful bell-shaped yellow flowers.
The Aguaymento fruit is small and round, yellow in color and is enclosed in a shell that seems to be made of paper, forming a cocoon, with a bittersweet flavor and exquisite aroma. Currently it is consumed in various forms: natural, jams, yogurt, sweets and ice cream.
Internationally recognized for its great health properties, such as: its high content of pro-vitamin A and C, B complex vitamins, as well as high content of antioxidants, it helps prevent some types of cancer, accelerate wound healing and prevent the aging of cells.
This fruit from the Andes has conquered the markets of the United States and several European countries.
If you liked this recipe, I ask you to comment, value and share it on social networks below so that more people can try it. Thank you!
Here below we leave you more links of others delicious cocktails and peruvian dishes to continue enriching your recipe book:
- Recipe of the very Peruvian and traditional Pisco Sour
- How to prepare the healthy Emollient
- Learn to prepare the classic Chilcano de Pisco
- From the grandmother's recipe book, let's take Caspiroleta
- Aromatic Passion Fruit Chilcano Recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Aguaymanto Sour you can visit our category Spirits and Drinks.
Leave a Reply