Peruvian Ajiaco Recipe
The ajiaco is my favorite stew for a winter day , warm feels delicious. Apart from being a nutritious meal, it has a variety of vegetables that we can alternate or add. I usually make it once or twice a month. It is inevitable at home for its Nutritional value And here I share the recipe so you can also enjoy it. Let's go with the recipe!
How to prepare ajiaco
Before 1960, many spicy places went out to sell the famous Ajiaco on the streets, but there are no records of the Peruvian recipe, so it is not believed that it is the same preparation. In any case, I share with you a recipe that I have been cooking year after year.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||5 servings|
|🔥 Calories||130 calories|
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 3 ½ tablespoons ground yellow pepper
- 4 cups diced white potato
- 1 cup of green beans
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of fresh cheese in cubes
- Chopped Huacatay
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and brown the onion, garlic and yellow pepper for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potato, beans and broth to your pot.
- Season this with salt, pepper, huacatay and let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- With this you can have your ajiaco ready, serve it with fresh cheese and decorate it with the yellow pepper in thin strips and a little chopped huacatay.
I give you a secret so that the Ajiaco has an incomparable flavor!
Tips and tricks
- Make beef/cow broth, then remove the meat and shred it, finally place it on top of the ajiaco and enjoy.
The dish is one of the oldest national dishes. “The National Stew” , as he called it John of Arona in your dictionary Peruanisms in 1884 . He affirmed that this dish is often served with a side dish, it is the emblematic stew of our country and it combines very well with various foods.
In colonial times, the Spaniards brought us onions, garlic, among other ingredients and condiments. With this fusion over time, the ajiaco was created, making a combination of both places.
Over the years it has been changing. This dish is available to our pocket, its ingredients are simple and cheap to get. It can be an occasional or daily dish since it is a perfect accompaniment for any occasion.
If you liked the recipe we ask you to help us commenting, valuing and sharing it in your social networks so that more people can know it. A million thanks!
If you want to learn how to cook more Peruvian food recipes, you may be interested in visiting these pages:
- Easy recipe of Lomo Saltado
- Carapulcra homemade recipe
- How to prepare Seco de Cabrito
- Homemade Meatballs Recipe
- How to make Pork Adobo
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ajiaco you can visit our category Meats.