Peruvian Alfajores Recipe
Alfajores are the key snack in events and parties such as weddings, birthdays, etc. It is the usual appetizer, the one that accompanies us at any time and to which we usually resort when we feel like a afternoon sweet . On the other hand, they are colorfully delicate, subtle and fresh, which is why they are usually the favorite snacks at events. Soft and sweet at its point. Do you want to try it? Lets go cook!
How to prepare Alfajores
Preparing Alfajor is simple, we can do it for an afternoon with the family or for business because not only is it practical and uses limited ingredients, but also the preparation time is fast.
|🔪 Prep Time||45 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||15 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||60 calories|
- 225 g unprepared flour
- 225 g cornstarch
- 200 g of butter
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 package of blancmange
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar and diced butter until a smooth dough forms, a ball.
- Let this dough rest for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the support where we will put the dough and stretch it with a rolling pin.
- With the mold or cutter of your choice that you have at home, place it on top of the dough and press it to make the cut.
- On an oven support, place the cornstarch molds.
- Bake the alfajores for approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees Celsius.
- Take them out of the oven and fill them with white manjar in each one, finally place the top cover.
- Sprinkle one by one with powdered sugar and they are ready.
Come and read these 3 practical tips so that the Alfajores are richer!
Tips and tricks
- Bake in parchment paper or parchment paper. They take off easier and are less damaged.
- Leave the Alfajores armed overnight. They can be handled better and pack faster.
- Is the dough very dry? No problem, add one more egg yolk and that's it.
Our alfajores originate Arab, who were the ones who took him to Spain when they were in control of the south. Later, with the arrival of the Spaniards in Peru, this recipe was merged with local ingredients to obtain the current recipe.
The Alfajor is very versatile within its recipe itself. However, in our imaginary, what we know predominates, which is cornstarch dough and blancmange or dulce de leche .
I have been a lover of alfajores thanks to a friend who used to sell them in small packages of half a dozen and a dozen. And it is that not only are they delicious, but it is also a sweet treat. Now that I prepare them at home, sometimes my family asks me for them for lunch and others to make them the perfect gift.
If you liked this recipe I ask you to comment, rate and share on social networks so that more people can try it. Thanks a million for a "Like"!
Do you want more dessert recipes? Here I leave the link .Here is the list of desserts that we have on the page:
- Recipe to make a Delicious Panettone
- How to prepare Turrón de Doña Pepa
- Recipe to prepare the delicious Mazamorra Morada
- Prepare Peruvian Rice Pudding
- Picarones Recipe
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Alfajores you can visit our category Desserts.