Peruvian Arroz Chaufa Recipe
Chaufa Rice must undoubtedly be one of the most consumed dishes by Peruvians. This dish is one of the many fusions and probably the best known of Chinese-Peruvian cuisine. At home he never fails me, many times he has gotten me out of trouble. It's quick to prepare, the ingredients are inexpensive, and it's super-yielding. Do you want to learn the recipe? Let's do it!
How to Prepare Chaufa Rice
Like all our cuisine, there are countless ways to prepare a dish. Ingredients can be replaced, subtracted, added and adapted. All this, always safeguarding the essence of each meal in its preparation.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||45 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||5 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
- 4 eggs
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 package of hot dog sausage
- 2 tablespoons of minced kion ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 cups of rice
- 1/2 cup of silao (soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil preferably
- 1 cup chopped Chinese onion
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and fry them until they end up in an omelette. Cut it into small squares and leave it aside to mix it later with the rice.
- Prepare the rice as you usually do and set it aside as well.
- In a large skillet with a little oil over medium heat, sauté the chicken breast seasoned with salt and cut into small squares, after the chicken is ready add the sliced hot dog.
- Add the ginger and garlic, brown this for a few seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and rice. Mix and sauté.
- Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté again until the rice is smoked.
- Finally, add the tortilla chopped into pieces and the Chinese onion. Sauté and serve.
Although the recipe is very good, surely you would like to stand out even more, right? I'll leave you next 3 TIPS very useful to make a difference in your Chaufa Rice
Tips and tricks
- It is very difficult for the Chaufa Rice to come out the same as a Chifa, remember that they use a wok pan to cook, so if there is any possibility of having a wok at home, it is 100% recommended to make this delicious dish.
- Be very careful with the salt because the soy sauce already comes with salt and you could go overboard and nobody likes very salty dishes.
- Cook only what you are going to eat and if you have leftovers, store the ingredients separately. If you keep the Chaufa Rice for a long time it can be spoiled by the acid of the silao.
In the mid-nineteenth century (approximately 1848) a Chinese community arrived in Peru important in number. This event gave way to a meeting between totally different cultures, but rich at the same time in the culinary field. They brought with them various grains and seeds such as kion or ginger, essential products in traditional Chinese food.
In the middle of the 19th century, a phrase would begin to sound alluding to the act of eating "Sec Fan", which would become "Shic Fan" because it was difficult to pronounce. Then, it would change to «Chi Fan» and finally stay in Chi Fa which translates into “Come eat rice” .
With the passage of time, they left the farm work and many of them opened shops, small businesses and also entered the food business, proposing different recipes, from which the currently known Chinese-Peruvian fusion was born. They introduced a different way of cooking and therefore of eating.
Currently I have seen several ways to innovate with the Chaufa Rice, you can add pieces of cecina in squares for those who are inclined towards jungle food, also use different ways of cooking the chicken, such as Chaufa Rice with cylinder chicken, pork cylinder, among others.
Remember, if you liked it tell us how it went, rate the recipe and share it on your social networks, It is the way you help us to continue publishing more recipes. Thank you very much and enjoy your meal!
Here is a list of 5 dishes with rice that you can easily prepare:
- Rice to the Gardener in a few steps
- Chicken or hen Juane recipe
- Delicious recipe for Rice with Seafood
- Quick and easy rice with duck
- How to prepare homemade Chicken Rice
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Arroz Chaufa you can visit our category Rice.