Arroz con Mariscos
Peruvian Rice with Seafood Recipe
Rice with Seafood is one of the favorite dishes by the coastal people of Peru . It radiates that typical Creole flavor of the cities bathed by the Pacific Ocean and given the great variety of seafood that abounds in our sea it is possible to prepare innumerable delicacies. Let's get ready.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
- 100 grams of prawns
- 1 dozen shells
- 1/2 dozen clams
- 1/2 dozen choros (mussels)
- 1/4 kg of squid
- 1/4 kg of octopus
- 1 kg of white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup peas (peas)
- 3 tablespoons of panca chili
- 3 tablespoons ground yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 lemons
- Choros (mussels) or fish broth, salt and pepper
- First prepare the white rice that you like the most.
- While the rice is being prepared, pass the prawns and the shells through boiling water, strain them and reserve them. She also prepares a broth with the mussels and clams.
- Put enough water in a saucepan until it covers the mussels and clams, add salt, pepper and let it cook until it reduces to more or less 1 cup of water and reserve.
- Now heat a frying pan with a little oil, add the diced onion, garlic, peas and finally 1/2 cup of mussel broth, fry everything for a few minutes.
- When the peas are done, add the panca pepper, the yellow pepper, the tomato paste and stir well.
- Then add the squid, the clams, the octopus and cook everything for a few minutes. Then add half of the chopped coriander.
- When the rice is ready, add it to the seafood preparation and add the mussels, the prawns, the shells that you prepared at the beginning and mix everything very well. Adjust salt and pepper.
Follow the 3 Tips following so that you have a delicious Rice with Seafood.
Tips and tricks
- Serve the Rice with Seafood in a bowl and spread a little coriander on top, place the mussels around the bowl and also a couple of lemons around it.
- Remember that the amount of water depends on the type of rice and that the consistency for this recipe must be granulated.
- Try replacing half of the liquid in the choros broth with Leche de Tigre.
Rice is the basis of Peruvian gastronomy and came with the Spanish who in turn inherited it from the Arabs. Between the 19th and 20th centuries Thousands of Chinese arrived in Peru who settled in the valleys of the Peruvian coast and dedicated themselves to working mainly the cultivation of rice.
This is how the abundance of rice, the influence of Spanish food, the excellent seafood and typical products of Peru (chili peppers) The recipe for Arroz con Mariscos was born, which was mainly prepared and enjoyed in Peruvian ports.
A good Rice with Seafood is the ideal dish to share with friends, which is why in many restaurants and homes it is served in a bowl so that it can be enjoyed in a group.
For Peruvians, rice is the basic ingredient of almost all of our dishes. We can find it in appetizers, salads, soups, main dishes and desserts.
If you liked this recipe for Rice with Seafood, share it and give it "Like" .
Here you also have more recipes for Peruvian food with rice and also with fish and seafood.
- Ceviche Recipe
- Pickled Fish in a few steps
- Delicious recipe for Parihuela
- Easy and quick recipe for Leche de Tigre
- How to make Chicken Rice
Rice with Seafood
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Arroz con Mariscos you can visit our category Fish and Seafood.