Tapado Rice is tasty, simple, cheap and above all quick to prepare , that is why thinking of all the housewives who do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen or do not have much time to cook, we share this wonderful recipe. Let’s do it!
How to prepare Arroz Tapado
When you don’t have much time to cook, there is nothing better to feed the family than a delicious Tapado Rice. The “bail out” recipe that every mother should know.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
Ingredients Arroz Tapado
- 6 cups well-grained cooked rice
- 1/2 kilo of ground beef, preferably ground steak
- 3 oil tablespoons
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons of black raisins
- 6 pitted black olives
- 3 ripe bananas or another banana of your choice
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the onion with the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and brown it for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the ground meat and mix well, add the diced carrot and add a little water, enough to loosen the preparation and cook but not liquid, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Constantly check that the mixture does not dry out or burn, if necessary add a little more water and rectify the seasoning, there should be something juicy but not liquid.
- Meanwhile, prepare the white rice, so that it is hot when the filling is ready.
- When there are 5 minutes left before the meat is ready, cut the raisins, olives and hard-boiled eggs into cubes and add them to the pan to mix the flavors.
- Mix everything and let everything cook for the remaining time and that’s it.
here some 3 RECOMMENDATIONS to make this covered rice even better.
Tips and tricks
- Instead of commercial ground beef, you can chop your preferred cut of meat into very small pieces.
- To make it easier to cut the raisins, you should let them soak for a few minutes.
- The filling should be juicy enough to impregnate its flavor in the rice but not so liquid as a stew that crumbles the assembly.
Like many other recipes based on this cereal, the closed rice born in the north zone of Peru , using mainly seafood for the filling, later beef and pork options were added.
Today, the best known and most consumed version is the one that uses ground beef as a filling. The origin of its name has to do with the way it is served, “covering” the filling between two layers of rice as if it were a sandwich.
The first time he prepared it, it was when some uncles announced that in a couple of hours they would come for lunch. Quickly she checked the ingredients that were in the cupboard, she prepared a few cups of rice, left me to take care of it and went out to buy ground beef. When she returned she prepared the ingredients and in less than an hour lunch was ready.