Arroz Verde con Mariscos
Peruvian Arroz Verde con Mariscos Recipe
The Green Rice with Seafood, is the perfect background dish for lovers of Creole and marine , because it combines the base of green rice that we already know from our traditional Rice with Chicken with the flavor of the sea provided by the mixture of seafood that causes us to use it for its preparation. Lets go cook!
How to Prepare Green Rice with Seafood
With a creamy consistency and a spectacular aroma, the Green Rice with Seafood should be served hot to be able to appreciate its full flavor. For this recipe, we will need extra type rice of the best quality and long grain.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||45 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||10 servings|
|🔥 Calories||180 calories|
- 5 cups of rice extra type
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 5 cups of concentrated fish broth
- 4 tablespoons ground garlic
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons ground yellow pepper
- 1 cup black beer
- 1.5 cup ground coriander
- 12 fresh prawn tails
- 12 fresh mussels
- 250 grams of fresh squid rings
- 250 grams of pre-cooked octopus cut into rings
- 2 fish heads
- 1/2 cup of corn cooked and shelled
- 1/2 cup of cooked peas (peas)
- 1/2 cup diced cooked carrot
- 1/4 cup bell pepper diced
- 35 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
concentrated fish broth
- Place the 5 cups of water and a little salt in the medium pot, wait for it to come to a boil, then add the prawns, squid, mussels (previously washed to remove shell residue) and the fish heads.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, remove all the shellfish, remove the upper shell of the mussels and place them in a container with cold water.
- Let the fish heads boil until they are cooked, approximately 15 minutes. When they are ready, we remove them and keep the broth, if necessary use a strainer.
- If you could not get the fish heads, you can use the cubes or sachets of fish concentrate that are sold in supermarkets, diluting in the water according to the instructions on the package.
Rest of the preparation
- Place the large pot on the burner, pour half the vegetable oil and brown 2 tablespoons of ground garlic, add the rice and fry for a couple of minutes, then add the fish broth and add water to the necessary amount of liquid according to the quality of the rice or recommendation of its packaging.
- Season with salt to taste, cover the pot and as soon as it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cook until the rice is grained, approximately 15 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, turn off the heat and let it rest covered for about 5 minutes.
- While the rice rests, place the skillet on the burner and heat the remaining oil (1/4 cup).
- Add the chopped onion and brown until transparent, lower the heat and add the 2 tablespoons of ground garlic, brown for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coriander and yellow pepper, fry for a couple of minutes or until the excess liquid evaporates from the coriander, raise the heat and add the dark beer, cook until the liquid is reduced, taking care not to evaporate completely. There should be enough left to soak all the rice.
- Finally, add the cooked vegetables, the seafood without the mussels, the cooked rice and the Parmesan cheese. Mix well so that the flavors are impregnated in the rice, the cheese melts a little and the color is homogeneous.
- Place the mussels on top, cover the pot and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Ready! We already have our tasty Green Rice with Seafood, waiting to delight our palates. Serve it in a fountain or on individual plates, garnishing with mussels around it and lemon wedges. Oh, don't forget the Salsa Criolla with minced rocoto, for those of us who love chili.
Advice to prepare the Green Rice with Seafood
Tips and tricks
- To soften the flavor of cilantro or for those who don't like it, we can replace half the measure with spinach.
As we already know the rice It is the basis of many of the dishes on our extensive gastronomic menu. Since it came to our lands thanks to the Spaniards, we have become addicted to this cereal, so much so that almost no main dish is eaten in Peru without rice, and we have desserts too.
The Green Rice with Seafood , like many others made with seafood, is a typical dish from the Peruvian Coast, with some variants in its ingredients depending on the region, for example in the North they use Chicha de Jora and in Lima black beer to flavor it.
According to our research, we can say that Green Rice with Seafood is a variety of the also delicious Rice with seafood , which is orange, hence the clarification in the name. There are also versions of this dish, not necessarily with seafood, in countries like Colombia and Mexico.
Its consistency is similar to that of a Risotto and the combination of flavors will leave your palate ecstatic, be sure to try the recipe that we leave for you today.
If you liked this recipe, do not forget comment, rate the recipe and share with your friends on social networks. Thank you very much!
Here we leave you the links of other seafood recipes that you will also like.
- Prepare a delicious Rice with Seafood
- Complete recipe for Fish Jelly or Mixed
- How to prepare the Fish Escabeche
- Delicious and crispy Parmesan shells
- Prepare the juicy Choritos a la Chalaca
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Arroz Verde con Mariscos you can visit our category Rice.