Peruvian Arroz Zambito Recipe
Zambito Rice It is the affectionate name of this typical Peruvian dessert that every time I make it at home, it fills the room with its aroma of cinnamon and honey. Just like my grandmother taught me. If you haven't tried it yet or don't know the recipe, here we share it so you can taste it with your family or friends. Let's do it!
How to Prepare Zambito Rice
This rich dessert is usually eaten alone or accompanied by Mazamorra Morada. Zambito Rice has almost the same preparation as rice pudding, the variants are the incorporation of chancaca, pecans and raisins.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||110 calories|
- 1 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 caps of chancaca
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- Grated coconut and cinnamon powder to decorate
- Place the pot on the burner and add the milk, water, cinnamon stick and cloves. Once it breaks the boil, add the rice, lower the heat and let it cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the chancaca into cubes and, together with the raisins and pecans, add them to the rice, mix well and cook for a few minutes until the chancaca dissolves completely.
- Remove the preparation from the heat and let it rest covered for a few minutes before serving.
Ready. In a few minutes we have a delicious dessert. Serve it in pastries and sprinkle the grated coconut and ground cinnamon on top. BON APETIT!
If you want this dessert to be even more delicious, then follow the advice that are down here.
Tips and tricks
- If you soak the rice in water for about 10 minutes before cooking it, it will release some of its starch and absorb the milk better.
- You can add orange peel and anise grains to give it more aroma and flavor.
Our delicious Zambito Rice is a classic of the Afro-Peruvian pastries , is the Peruvian version of Rice with Milk that the Spanish brought to our lands during the colony.
Its main ingredient is chancaca (piloncillo, panela or papelón), which is a natural sweetener obtained from processing the juice of the sugar cane, which when cooked gives the characteristic brown color of this dessert and which gave rise to its name Zambito (which was what they affectionately called black people).
You already have one more recipe for Peruvian desserts. To also sweeten family and friends, SHARE and COMMENT the recipe. Thousands of thanks.
To continue tasting more peruvian desserts We suggest the following recipes:
- How to prepare a delicious Peruvian Rice Pudding
- Alfajores Recipe
- How to prepare Roasted Milk
- Nougat from Doña Pepa to lick your fingers
- How to make panettone
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Arroz Zambito you can visit our category Desserts.