Bistec a lo Pobre
Peruvian Bistec a lo Pobre Recipe
This dish, known as Bistec, lomo or bife a lo Pobre, is very popular throughout Peru. Although its name may indicate otherwise, this preparation is substantial, delicious and perfect to satisfy the hunger of an exhausting day. Do you want to learn how to prepare Bistec a lo Pobre? Then let's get to work!
How to Prepare A lo Pobre Steak
The ingredients for Bistec a lo Pobre are very easy to get. Perhaps this is why the dish that is usually served at any time of the year . The most popular restaurants in Peru include delicious versions of this simple but exquisite recipe.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||5 servings|
|🔥 Calories||795 calories|
- 5 veal steaks
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups of rice
- 1 kg of potatoes cut into sticks
- 5 ripe bananas cut into slices
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups of water
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper and garlic and set aside. The longer you let it go, the better it will absorb the flavors.
- Now prepare the rice. Heat a saucepan with oil, add rice and stir for 2 minutes. Then add the water and salt to taste. Let cook.
- While the rice is cooking, fry the potatoes in a pan.
- Next, fry the sliced bananas and the eggs.
- Once ready, cook the steaks in another pan with a little oil.
- As soon as the rice is ready, serve everything. Bon Apetit!
Well, now that you know the ingredients of Bistec a lo Pobre and the steps to prepare it, it is time for you to have at hand 3 tips which will make the result much better.
Tips and tricks
- For an even more complete dish, you can add a fresh salad. Our delicious Creole sarsa goes very well or one of tomatoes and lettuce.
- The trick for frying is always to heat the oil very well. This way everything will be crispier and better cooked.
- We cannot forget that this dish has a high fat content. That is why we cannot eat it so often.
This dish, with important levels of carbohydrates and fats, is really delicious. Peru shares this exquisite preparation with Chilean gastronomy, since in both countries it is very popular due to its common ingredients and the flavor of the meat.
Meat is one of the foods that provides the greatest amount of vitamins, especially B12 .It helps metabolize proteins in the body, and also contributes to the formation of red blood cells. We cannot ignore the great contribution of zinc, which helps protect our body against oxidative damage.
We must mention that, given the large amount of fat in this dish, It is not recommended to consume it regularly. That is, it should not be consumed more than once or twice in a week. We classify it as one of those recipes that you reserve for a special occasion, where you want to entertain a guest.
The Bistec a lo Pobre is, among the meat and poultry entrees of our Peru, one of the simplest and fastest to make. We love to cook it, especially on those exhausting days when we want to eat delicious food without much effort.
Remember comment, rate the recipe and share with your family and friends on all your social networks.
Here we leave for you a TOP 5 dishes with meat and poultry that may interest you.
- How to prepare a delicious Ají de Gallina .
- Delicious grilled chicken recipe .
- Lomo Saltado in a few steps .
- Chicken Stew Recipe .
- Quick and easy recipe for Pollo al Sillao .
A lo Pobre Steak
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Bistec a lo Pobre you can visit our category Meats.