Brochetas de Pollo
Peruvian Brochetas de Pollo Recipe
The Chicken Skewers recipe is ideal for group activities, preferably outdoors since the smell that the skewer gives off while cooking is worth appreciating. This dish serves as an appetizer, entree and even main course. Its delicious flavor will not make you regret preparing it. What are you waiting for to try it?
How to Prepare Chicken Skewers
Chicken Skewers are very easy to prepare. All you need are varieties of peppers, onions, and a type of meat. In this case we will prepare it with chicken, but you can also use pork, and even vegetable ingredients called vegan brochettes.
|🔪 Prep Time||60 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||70 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||5 servings|
|🔥 Calories||113 calories|
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 2-3 cm squares
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 red onions cut into large squares
- 2 red bell peppers cut into large squares
- 2 green bell peppers cut into large squares
- 2 yellow bell peppers cut into large squares
- Skewer sticks
- In a container place the mustard, garlic, salt, lemon juice, pepper and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and mix everything until a sauce or dressing is formed.
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least 1 hour or 45 minutes in the refrigerator to absorb the flavors.
- Then cut the chicken into medium squares and assemble the skewers by alternating the peppers, red onion and chicken. You can intersperse the colors of the peppers.
- Fry the skewers on a grill or in a frying pan with a little oil.
- When the chicken is already golden and cooked, add a splash of water to add juiciness. Finish cooking the skewers and serve hot.
Follow the following 3 Recommendations for a better preparation of Chicken Skewers.
Tips and tricks
- Both chicken and vegetables should be cut into 2-3 cm squares.
- If you plan to use wooden sticks, soak them in water first so they don't burn when placed on the grill.
- You can have the skewers prepared in advance and cook them at the moment.
The origin of the brochettes is quite diffuse. Your name comes from the French brochette which means skewered or skewered. According to some sources, this method of preparation has existed since the beginning of man, when the aborigines discovered fire, and used a stick to skewer the meat and cook it on it.
Just like your name, its preparation method varies depending on the region . They are known as Arabian shish kebabs, Greek souvlakis, Portuguese espetadas, Japanese yakitori, and Brazilian churrasco. The base is the same, and only the ingredients are altered, with different meats such as fish, shellfish, lamb, pork, etc.
The origin of the skewers is also attributed to the countries of Turkey and Iran, where they are erroneously known as kebab, alluding to a skewer or sword and roast meat. The popularity of this dish reached the American continent, where it became so popular that it is cooked in many countries.
In our country it is prepared with chicken, pork, even in the Andean regions with the llama, and is widely accepted. becoming a distinguished dish of our gastronomy . In fact, in my house it was customary to do it on the occasion of parties or when some friends visited us.
If you liked this preparation of Chicken Skewers, Do not hesitate to tell us about your experience when making it and share this recipe on your social networks.
Follow us so you can learn about the best meat and poultry recipes from Peruvian cuisine:
- Chicken al Sillao in a few steps
- Delicious Chicken Stew recipe
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Grilled Chicken
- How to make a Chicken Chili
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Brochetas de Pollo you can visit our category Others.