Caldo de Gallina
Peruvian Caldo de Gallina Recipe
When winter begins to feel the delicious Chicken soup It is the best thing to warm up and face it. This broth is very popular throughout Peru, prepared with chicken meat and vegetables, it is widely consumed, especially because it helps relieve hangover discomfort. Also, if you have a cold, this dish will also make you feel much better.
How to prepare Chicken Broth
Its preparation may differ depending on the region in which you are. For example, in the mountains it is accompanied with different types of potatoes and in the jungle the potato is replaced by rice. Surely all the versions taste like glory and we invite you to try them.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||1 hour 20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||180 calories|
- 4 large chicken prey
- 6 eggs, of which 4 must be cooked (hard-boiled eggs)
- 5 medium potatoes, preferably yellow
- 2 carrots
- 3 sticks of celery
- 3 branches of leek
- 1 large piece of whole kion (ginger)
- 1/2 kg of spaghetti
- 1 bundle of Chinese onion (scallion) cut into very small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot put 3 liters of water and bring it to a boil. When the water is boiling, place the previously cleaned pieces carefully without any grease.
- When the chicken has been boiling for 30 minutes, place the previously peeled carrots, the celery and leek branches, the ginger cut into medium dice and a potato.
- After 20 minutes remove the celery sticks, leek, a carrot and a piece of kion (ginger). She blends them all together and adds them to the broth.
- Add the two eggs, move and break the yolks.
- Let everything cook for 10 more minutes and then add the 4 yellow potatoes (preferably) peeled and cut into halves. Add salt, pepper to taste and cook for 20 minutes until the potato is ready.
- Now just correct the salt if necessary and that's it.
- In another pot, prepare the noodles (spaghetti). The time will depend on the type and brand, but it is usually 10 minutes or so.
Easy right? Now it's your turn to put into practice what you learned in this recipe. For this I leave you THREE VERY IMPORTANT TIPS! so that the Caldo de Gallina comes out much better.
Tips and tricks
- To serve, put some noodles in the bottom of a deep plate and serve the broth with a piece of chicken. On top, a hard-boiled egg, a little chopped Chinese onion and lemon wedges aside.
- To intensify the flavor of your chicken broth add 1/2 cube of chicken broth (for example Maggi) after the hour of boiling the chicken.
- To give it an oriental flavor and to match the Chinese onion, add 3 drops of sesame oil when serving.
Chicken broth appears in some writings of the 19th century and the great Ricardo Palma he mentions it in one of his works called "Verbs and Gerunds" of 1877. The most recent history takes us to the beginning of the 50s, when in the Parada market – today known as Victory Wholesale Market » – was served by the king of the broths who helped the workers in the area to start their hard and long daily work.
Over the years it gained popularity and more followers, ceasing to be owned by the less well-off classes. In the 1980s we began to see the first restaurants “24-hour chicken broth” in different parts of the Peruvian capital.
In this way this broth ceased to be seen as just a revitalizing dish and it was also appreciated as a perfect dish to delight at any time of the day. Currently, some people attribute magical properties to Caldo de Gallina, they popularly call it "Raising Dead" because it is widely consumed after a night of drinking.
Specialists affirm that there is no type of food that eliminates a hangover, however they confirm that Chicken Broth can help alleviate the effects of alcohol thanks to the large amounts of phosphorus found in the hen. This mineral helps strengthen the functioning of the kidneys that are affected by dehydration and helps generate energy.
Do not forget to comment, rate the recipe and share this recipe with your family and friends. So that others can also enjoy it. Thank you very much!.
I also recommend these five Peruvian soup recipes:
- Chaque Arequipeño Recipe
- How to prepare Chupe de Camarones
- Chilcano fish in a few steps
- Homemade Peruvian Chicken Soup Recipe
- How to make chaque arequipeño
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Caldo de Gallina you can visit our category Soups.