Ceviche de Pollo
Peruvian Ceviche de Pollo Recipe
Ceviche is a symbol of Peruvian gastronomy and one of the most exquisite dishes in the world. Although it is traditionally made with fish, all kinds of variants have emerged, including Chicken Ceviche . If you are one of those who like to innovate in the kitchen and try different flavors, this recipe is for you. Let's cook!
How to Prepare Chicken Ceviche
This dish includes all the delicious ingredients used for the famous citrus marinade. However, here we add some unmissable additional flavors that will make our Chicken Ceviche something truly delicious and unique.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||250 calories|
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 large red onions chopped into strips
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of yellow pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon of kyon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Cumin to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooked corn
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Wash and clean the chicken breasts very well and then cut into cubes about 1-2 cm long. The smaller, the better it will take on the flavor when macerating.
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl and cover them with salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Take the container of onions and add a little salt, coriander and half lemon juice on them. Booking.
- Place a large pot on the heat and add a little oil. Add the garlic and stir for a few minutes. Then, add the yellow pepper and ginger in the same way and let it cook for about two more minutes.
- Finally add the chicken and stir to cover it with all the sofrito. Cook for a few minutes to seal the surface of the chicken.
- Proceed to incorporate the chicken broth and cover the pot. Let it cook for another ten minutes over low heat.
- After the time, add the mixture of onion, cilantro and lemon to the cooking. Stir for a few minutes and finally add the rest of the juice. Cover the pot and cook for two more minutes.
- After turning off the stove, let the Chicken Ceviche rest for a few more minutes.
- Spoon a little more coriander over the ceviche. Accompanied by some cooked corn.
And so we will obtain a simply delightful dish, which works very well on various occasions. We close this recipe with some 3 recommendations to take into account in the preparation.
Tips and tricks
- The kion is optional . The preparation can be done omitting this ingredient.
- If you want to eat ceviche as the classic cold appetizer, then it is recommended to cook the chicken and marinate in the lemon sauce without any additional cooking.
- This dish goes very well with rice, cooked corn, sweet potato, yucca and even potatoes. Any of these vegetables works for a lunch.
The Ceviche It is considered cultural heritage for the Peruvian territory . This is the result of a long culinary tradition, dating back to the Mochica culture some 2000 years ago. The traditional version is made from fresh fish, marinated in citrus juices and accompanied by onions and numerous herbs and spices.
The term " Ceviche «, as described by the historian Javier Pulgar Vidal comes from Quechua « siwichi «, translated as tender fish. Other approaches regarding its origin and etymology are also admitted. It is known that it was macerated with other citrus fruits such as the tumbo, before the Spanish introduced the lemon.
This dish has evolved over time and has become one of the classics in our homes. It is eaten cold or warm, accompanied by vegetables or just smeared with the delicious sour sauce that characterizes it. In addition, all kinds of variations have arisen where fish is substituted. This is the best example.
The Chicken Ceviche is the most striking version, since acid touches are rarely found in a Poultry recipe. This makes it one of the most delicious and exclusive dishes of our gastronomy. On our palate, it generates an incomparable freshness, due to how soft and juicy the meat is. We simply love it.
Do not forget to tell us about your experience and leave us your doubts in the comments. If you liked it, share the recipe through social networks.
These are some of the recipes available for the Meat and Poultry section. All of them are delicious samples of our culinary heritage:
- Easy and quick ceviche recipe.
- How to make a Parihuela.
- Tiger Milk Recipe.
- Pickled Fish in a few steps.
- How to prepare a delicious Rice with Seafood.
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ceviche de Pollo you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply