Peruvian Chanfainita Recipe
La Chanfainita, this dish with a forceful flavor, somewhat spicy but very juicy, has albofe (beef lung) as its main ingredient, which in addition to being nutritious and excellent to combat anemia, once seasoned it is very tasty. Go ahead and try it in the pure “carretillero” style that we share with you today.
How to prepare Chanfainita
The preparation of Chanfainita is very simple and fast as you will see in this recipe of only 5 steps. Don't wait any longer and get ready to prepare and taste this delicious dish. We will need a medium pot, a large pot and our apron. Let's get to work!
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||50 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
- 750 gr bofe (beef lung)
- 6 large white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons ground garlic
- 4 tablespoons of ground panca pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground yellow pepper
- 3 sprigs mint finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 liter of water
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- Clean and wash the bofe well, put it in the medium pot with a liter of water, a little salt and a sprig of mint. Cook for 30 minutes, then remove and cut into cubes. Keep the cooking broth.
- In the large pot, prepare the dressing: heat the oil and brown the onion until transparent, add the garlic, the yellow pepper, the panca pepper, season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste, brown for a couple more minutes .
- Add the minced bofe, half the mint and brown it for about 3 minutes, then add the potatoes and the cooking broth, 3 fingers above the other ingredients. Cover the pot and cook over medium heat until the potato is ready.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water, add to the pot along with the rest of the mint and oregano, stir well to mix the cornstarch, cook for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Finally, check the thickness and the amount of juice, if necessary you can add a little boiled water, finally test the seasoning in case it lacks some salt.
I leave you here 3 Tips so that you can improve this delicious Chanfainita recipe.
Tips and tricks
- If you can't find fresh bofe (in markets or self-services) you can also use the frozen one that comes already clean, ready to use.
- The best accompaniment to highlight the flavor of the Chanfainita is the Papa a la Huancaína.
- Serve it hot in a soup bowl, accompanied with white rice and cooked mote, also place slices of lemon and hot pepper on the table, for the most daring tastes.
La Chanfainita is another of the Creole dishes of traditional Peruvian cuisine with Afro-Peruvian roots . Its name comes from Peruvianizing the Chanfaina, a dish of Spanish origin that also has viscera.
This custom is rooted in Peru during the colonial era, product of the ingenuity of the African slaves who learned to use the offal and guts of animals sacrificed to feed their masters, to prepare their own food.
In the case of the Chanfainita, they decided to take advantage of the lung and, like other dishes prepared with viscera, at first it did not have many followers, however, due to its simplicity, nutritional value, low cost and forcefulness, it soon became the most served dish. like breakfast for the working class.
This recipe is widely cooked by Peruvian families, due to its high nutritional value and low cost of preparation. Its exquisite flavor has won over the palate of many Peruvians when they try it for the first time. In fact, this recipe is one of my favorites as it reminds me of my mother's kitchen.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and share it with your family and friends, do not forget to tell us about your experience when preparing it.
To continue expanding your recipe book with more Creole dishes from Peruvian cuisine, here are some ideas:
- Stuffed Cause Recipe
- How to make a Chicken Stew
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Potato Cake
- Stuffed Potato in a few steps
ᐈ Chanfainita: Best Peruvian Recipe ✔️
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chanfainita you can visit our category Meats.