Chaufa de Quinua
Peruvian Chaufa de Quinua Recipe
Quinoa Chaufa is a rich recipe of Chinese origin, very popular in Peru. Replace rice with quinoa, a cereal with numerous vitamins and proteins , and even considered the only food that has all the amino acids that our body needs. Meet our recipe to prepare this delicious dish.
How to Prepare Quinoa Chaufa
This dish is one of the most representative of chifa food in our country. Its very healthy ingredients give it a high nutritional value, making you fill up with energy just by taking a bite.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||524 calories|
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 3 heads of Chinese chives
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 200 grams of holantao
- 250 grams of Chinese beans
- 200 grams of chicken
- 1/2 carrot
- Clear chair
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Add the cleaned quinoa to a pot along with two cups of water, and cook over high heat. When it starts to boil, cover the pot and let it cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Put the eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and beat lightly with a fork. Pour them in a pan with a little hot oil until a tortilla is cooked.
- Crumble the tortilla with a ladle and reserve it in a separate container.
- In that same wok or pan, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and when it is hot, add the diced carrot and brown it over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and Chinese onion, move and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the previously sautéed chicken to the pan. Go stirring while you add the grained quinoa and the revoltillo. Add a splash more oil and continue mixing.
- Immediately add the pepper, the cut holantao and the Chinese bean. Sauté all the ingredients for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste, the clear soy sauce and the green part of the Chinese onion. To finish, integrate all the ingredients. To enjoy!
follow the next 3 Tips for you to lick your fingers with this rich Quinoa Chaufa.
Tips and tricks
- If you are missing some of the ingredients listed above, it does not matter. The best thing about this recipe is that you can add other vegetables and improvise its preparation.
- Largely dice the chicken to brown, then shred it before adding it to the rice.
- You can also choose to bread the chicken in flour before browning it.
The chaufa rice, from where the variant of Chaufa with Quinoa comes from, It comes from the Asian immigrants who arrived in Peru in the 19th century. The coolies, as the Chinese workers were called, operated as cheap labor on coastal farms in our lands. In fact, the word chaufa comes from the Cantonese chaofan (fried rice).
It is said that it was created in the kitchens of these workers, where they mixed the ration of white rice that they were given with other ingredients and leftovers, and it was even saved to eat the next day, since the economy did not allow food to be wasted.
Currently this dish is prepared with a variety of ingredients, being one of the most popular among the Peruvian population, the Chaufa with Quinoa. We can find this dish in famous chifa restaurants or less luxurious food places, located in any popular neighborhood of the city.
The preparation with quinoa It is already world famous, due to the great reception it has received from Peruvians. This cereal, by providing great health benefits and having a rich flavor, has managed to win the hearts of many of those who dare to try it.
If you liked this preparation of Chaufa de Quinua, Leave us your evaluation and share us on your social networks with family and friends.
Get to know our TOP 5 meat and poultry recipes of Peruvian cuisine:
- How to prepare a delicious Grilled Chicken
- Delicious recipe for Ají de Gallina
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- How to make a Chicken Stew
- Chicken al Sillao in a few steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chaufa de Quinua you can visit our category Others.