Chicharron de Pescado
Peruvian Chicharron de Pescado Recipe
Today we present a traditional dish: it is the rich Chicharrón de Pescado, ideal for a family meal of great enjoyment and high in protein. It is frequently served in any restaurant in Peru, accompanied with Creole sauce, huacatay sauce, yellow chili cream and rocoto cream. Let's prepare this delicious recipe!
How to Prepare Chicharrón de Pescado
This recipe is very easy and fast, very tempting to serve fish to children and nourish themselves with protein.
The traditional dish is based on frying the fish until it is completely crispy, which results in an exquisite flavor for anyone who tastes it.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||450 calories|
- 1 kg of fish fillets
- 50 grams of cornstarch
- 50 grams of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- To start, cut the fish into squares and season with the vinegar, ground garlic, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Proceed to beat the eggs in another container and add to the fish, trying to cover all the pieces.
- Then pour the flour and cornstarch into another bowl and mix with a pinch of salt.
- Heat a wide skillet over high heat. As soon as it is very hot, proceed to introduce the pieces of fish one by one through the mixture of flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Shake off excess flour and add each piece to the pan. Let cook until well browned on both sides. To eat!
And that easy you will have a delicious Chicharrón de Pescado to enjoy at lunch and even as an appetizer. We close our preparation with 2 tips that you can apply in this recipe. Do not miss it!
Tips and tricks
- It is tradition to serve it accompanied by a delicious parboiled yucca and some vegetables. It also goes very well with French fries, rice and Creole salad.
- If you do not have vinegar, lemon juice is ideal to season this rich typical dish.
The origin of the delicious Chicharrón goes back hundreds of years, in the first encounters between Spaniards and natives. During the conquest of the Inca empire, pieces of fried Iberian pork were mixed with potatoes, sweet potatoes and native corn. This is how the traditional version of this famous preparation arose.
For that time, Francisco Pizarro , a pig farmer in his childhood, was the main fan of that dish during the beginning of the Spanish colonization. Over time, the residents began to diversify the recipe and make it with chicken, beef, and even fish and some shellfish.
Chicharrón de Pescado is a very popular and delicious dish, famous throughout Latin America. We cannot ignore, however, that the dish is a source of pride for us Peruvians. Fish and shellfish preparations have always stood out in our extensive and rich gastronomy.
As for its nutritional value, this fish shows that it can bring important benefits to the body. Consume in moderation and include it in a balanced diet, are elements of good nutrition. Exquisite to eat alone, with a few drops of lemon or with your favorite sauce.
What did you think of the fish crackling? comment, rate the recipe and share with friends and family on social networks. It is part of our growth reaching kitchens throughout Peru.
Check here our TOP 5 Fish and Seafood recipes:
- How to prepare a delicious Ceviche.
- Delicious recipe for Rice with Seafood.
- Fish Marinade Recipe.
- How to make a Parihuela.
- Easy and quick recipe for Leche de Tigre.
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chicharron de Pescado you can visit our category Fish and Seafood.
Leave a Reply