Chicharrón de Pollo
Peruvian Chicken Crackling Recipe
Our “chicken lovers” followers will agree that Chicharron de Pollo It is one of the most requested appetizers in any Peruvian restaurant or pub. Chicken pieces well seasoned and fried to the point of pork rinds, soaked in lemon dressing, huancaína sauce or huacatay sauce. Today we share the recipe for the delight of all family and friends.
How to Prepare Chicken Crackling
The point of the Chicharrón is when we fry a meat until it is crispy, in the case of chicken this process is much simpler and faster, especially with our traditional Peruvian style recipe.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||210 calories|
Ingredients for the Chicharrón de Pollo
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ginger (kio grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of unprepared flour
- 1 cup of ground bread
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients for the Peruvian Chili Sauce
- 8 yellow peppers without veins or seeds
- 300 grams of fresh cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package of salty soda crackers
- 1 red onion cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 2 cups of fresh milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chicharron de Pollo Instructions
- First wash and dry the chicken well, then cut it into strips about 6 cm long by 2 cm wide, not too thick so they cook quickly.
- In the medium bowl, prepare the seasoning: drain the grated ginger juice, add the oregano, squeezing it with both hands, then add the vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Combine the ingredients well.
- Add the chicken to the seasoning and mix well so that all the pieces are smeared with it. Now cover the container and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Chili Sauce that we detail below.
- After the hour, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and while it reaches room temperature, place the flour in a deep plate, in another the bread and in the third the eggs and beat with a fork for a few seconds.
- Place the frying pan on the heat, add about two fingers of oil (enough to cover the pieces of Polly), let it heat over medium heat, taking care not to burn it.
- Pass each piece of chicken first through the flour, then through the beaten eggs and finally through the ground bread, throw them in the pan and fry until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove each golden piece and place it on a plate with absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
Chili Sauce Instructions
- In a pan, place the oil and heat over medium-high heat, then add the peppers and onion, brown until the onion is transparent, now add the garlic, mix well and continue to brown until the peppers are soft. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then, in the blender place the cheese in pieces, the milk, a little pepper and the sofrito. Blend at medium speed until a homogeneous cream is formed, try and rectify the salt. If you want more consistency, add a couple more cookies and blend again, rectify the salt and repeat the procedure until you achieve the creaminess you want.
- Once ready, pour it into a sauceboat or other container to take to the table.
CLEVER , we can now enjoy this exquisite recipe, you can take it to the table in a fountain and place plates with golden potatoes and salad, so that each guest can choose the accompaniment of their choice. Of course without forgetting the inevitable Chili Sauce. Enjoy your meal!
We share with you some tricks to prepare this dish. 2 Little secrets to prepare Chicharrón de pollo .
Tips and tricks
- To remove the excess heat from the peppers, cut them in half and with the help of a spoon remove the middle vein and all the seeds. Then scrape the walls of the pepper to remove the rest of the veins and wash them well under running water.
- Take care of the temperature of the oil, always over medium heat. If it gets too hot, the chicken will quickly brown on the outside and be raw on the inside.
In Peru we are fans of chicharron, the star is the pork and in second place the chicken, which is the easiest to prepare. In addition we also have fish with and without shellfish (the popular "mixed" of all cevichería).
According to our research, the strongest version The origin of chicharrón in Peru is that it arrived with the Spanish during the conquest. After that it was consolidated by the slaves they brought to the colony , who prepared the pork rinds. This to preserve the meat and save the fat (butter) for the kitchen.
Most of us eat the classic pork “pan con chicharrón”, especially on weekends . However, in many localities, mostly in the Andean zone, fish or chicken pork rinds are the daily breakfast accompanied by nickname, fried sweet potato or parboiled potato.
Today Chicharrón de Pollo is one of the most popular dishes on our gastronomic menu. We invite you to try it through our rich recipe.
As always, we ask you not to forget to share your experience with us when you prepare this dish. Comment, rate the recipe and share through all your social networks with family and friends. Millions of thanks for your likes!
So that you can continue your experience with Peruvian cuisine, we leave you the links of other chicken-based dishes:
- Homemade Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Learn to prepare a delicious Rice with Chicken
- Simple and economical recipe for Salpicón de Pollo
- Prepare a delicious Chicken Stew
- For today's menu, recipe for Pollo al Sillao
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chicharrón de Pollo you can visit our category Others.