Chilcano de Maracuyá
Peruvian Chilcano de Maracuyá Recipe
Whether it's a family reunion or a night out with friends, my favorite cocktail is the Chilcano de Maracuyá. If you haven't tried it yet, here we share a simple, detailed and quick recipe to delight you with this delicious drink and surprise your guests with a new combination. Health!
How to Prepare Passion Fruit Chilcano
The main ingredients of the Chilcano or Chilcanito de Maracuyá are pisco, lemon juice and passion fruit juice, the latter provides in addition to its flavor, an exquisite aroma. To prepare it if you have a cocktail shaker it is a plus, otherwise it is so simple that you can do it directly in the glass.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||0 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||5 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||120 calories|
- 1 bottle of piscode preferably quebranta or acholado type
- 1/2 liter of passion fruit juice
- 200 milliliters of simple syrup
- Angostura bitters
- 36 ice cubes
- 3 lemons cut into slices
- Place the glasses in a row and in each one place the following amounts of each ingredient:
- 6 small ice cubes. Take into account the size of the glass.
- 2.5 ounces (5 tablespoons) pisco
- 2 drops of Angostura bitters.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) passion fruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of simple syrup
- Stir to combine the ingredients, place a slice of lemon as decoration and that's it. HEALTH!
If you want this cocktail to be the star of the night, follow the tips that we leave you below .
Tips and tricks
- It is much cooler if you chill the glasses hours before serving the cocktail.
- We recommend using fresh passion fruit juice, it will contain the original essence of the fruit.
Within the extensive gastronomic menu that makes Peruvians so proud, we also have a chapter dedicated to alcoholic beverages, where Pisco is undoubtedly the king and its favorite children are Pisco Sour and Chilcano.
The origin of Chilcano remains a mystery, there are several theories and stories, some say that it was the first Italian immigrants who created it by using Pisco for their drinks, others that relate it to the Chilca area and others to the last name of the bartender who created it.
Whatever the real history of the classic Chilcano, we currently have various versions based on fruit juices, one of them the Chilcano de Maracuyá that we will learn to prepare today.
Comment, rate and share this Chilcano recipe from Passion fruit with family and friends on social media . Thank you very much .
And to accompany our Chilcano, here are some ideas for appetizers and other Peruvian drinks:
- How to make stuffed potato
- Easy recipe of Lomo Saltado
- Homemade Stuffed Cause Recipe
- Delicious Parmesan Shells
- Granny's recipe: Caspiroleta
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chilcano de Maracuyá you can visit our category Spirits and Drinks.