Peruvian Chinguirito Recipe
Chinguirito is a traditional dish from the department of Lambayeque and is made from dried frayed fish and the skate is commonly used . It is a kind of Ceviche, since it is seasoned in almost the same way. Let's go with the recipe!
How to prepare Chinguirito
Making this dish is simple when we already have all the ingredients on the table. More than anything, the secret is knowing how to season and give the exact flavor. Its preparation is very similar to that of the well-known Ceviche.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||0 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||80 calories|
- 500 g of frayed guitar fish
- 1 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 lemons
- 3 chili slime of different colors
- Salt to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 corns
- A little coriander (cilantro)
- 1 medium cassava
- Place the skate in a container and submerge it in hot water, this in order to hydrate it and make the dried fish take on a smooth texture. do it for 10 seconds
- Chop the ají limo finely into squares and mix them with the stripe. Try to look for this pepper in different colors, orange, red, yellow and green. It is not only rich in flavor but also in color. It gives much more life to the plate.
- Likewise, add the chopped onion and lemon.
- Season with salt and mix. Go testing and calculating the salt since dried fish also has its own salt. So we have to be careful not to overdo it.
- Chop some coriander and mix it too.
- You can use fish broth as juice if you have it prepared (optional).
- Serve it on a plate with some slices of corn, cassava, sweet potato and lettuce and that's it.
Typical dish in the north, especially in the Santa Rosa Cove . Dried and frayed chingo or guitar fish is the star ingredient in this dish. It is only made of these fish from Sechura - Piura . This characteristic is not usual only in Piura, but also in other areas of Lambayeque.
Lambayeque has a very rich heritage. This comes from pre-Columbian times. Its food is distinguished by the great diversity and nutritional indices in each dish. The Chinguirito is the most requested within the region among other very distinctive dishes that have been crossing borders.
I remember that at school we had a gastronomic festival revaluing the typical foods of each department. This was the dish that my mother had to prepare, the Chinguirito.
Since then I have had in mind to have the recipe and make it on my own, since as a fan of Ceviche, everything that can be compared to it is welcome in my mental recipe book.
And that's it. Enjoy this traditional Peruvian dish and don't forget to comment, rate and share the recipe on social networks. Thank you very much and enjoy good cooking!
If you want to learn to cook more Peruvian entrees recipes go to these pages:
- Peruvian Anticuhos Recipe
- Learn to prepare Potato Pie
- How to make Peruvian Fish Ceviche
- Cause Fill in a few steps
- Easy recipe for meat or chicken empanadas
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chinguirito you can visit our category Starters.