Peruvian Chocolate Navideño Recipe
Christmas is coming? Do you feel the smell of chocolate? Well, you are looking for our divine preparation of Peruvian Hot Chocolate. Exquisite hot drink that is traditionally distributed in the so-called chocolates of our country . These usually start from the month of November and are concentrated in December. Follow us and learn how to prepare this steamy drink!
How to Prepare Christmas Chocolate
The recipe for Chocolate de Taza, as some call it because of how we traditionally drink it. It's quick and easy, it can be in large quantities, but this time, we'll do it on a small scale for you to try at home.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||35 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||190 calories|
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- Sugar to taste
- 1 liter of liquid milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornstarch)
- The peel of half an orange (without white skin)
- 1 clove
- Cinnamon to taste
- In a pot, place water, a clove, cinnamon to taste and the peel of half an orange. Let boil. Then, strain and add the six tablespoons of cocoa and the half teaspoon of instant coffee.
- On the other hand, in another pot, boil a liter of liquid milk, when it is ready in its entirety, dissolve a tablespoon of cornstarch in it to thicken it, turn off the heat and add to the mixture, stirring everything very well to integrate it.
- Finally, add sugar to taste and add a little more cinnamon. Stir until thick.
Very good! Now that you know how to make Chocolatada, we leave these for you 3 unmissable tips to make your chocolate the best.
Tips and tricks
- If you like, you can add a little nutmeg to this preparation to give a different touch.
- To decorate this preparation at home, you can do it with whipped cream or with some marshmallows.
- To accompany this drink, it can be made with some cookies or a good portion of panettone.
This preparation of Christmas Chocolate has its origin here in South America. Beginning its appearance thousands of years ago according to historical documents in the Amazon and the Orinoco . Seeing like this, the first vestige of it in Mexico with the natives of that time.
There are theories, perhaps correct or not, that even before the native Mexicans. There were natives between countries like Colombia and Venezuela, which a long time later would be cocoa exporters, who had this discovery before. However, it is not something popular because they are not native highlights in documents of this type.
Years later, cocoa begins to be taken by the Spaniards throughout the continent, arriving in this way to our beloved country from your hands already with this rich preparation. However, it was made including vanilla and cane sugar, for the vanilla they added milk over time and that is how chocolate as we know it today was born.
Currently in Peru The very traditional Christmas hot chocolates are made, which were originally in low-income areas. Today, they are held throughout the country, especially in squares, where Christmas chocolate is given away with an exquisite portion of panettone
Did you like our preparation and information about the delicious Christmas chocolate? leave us your experience. Comment, rate the recipe and share through social networks with all your friends and family.
Here we will leave for you an exquisite selection in the TOP 5 on our Spirits and Drinks category:
- Easy and quick Pisco Sour recipe
- Delicious emollient recipe
- How to make a delicious Chilcano de Pisco
- Chilcano de Maracuyá in a few steps
- How to make a Caspiroleta
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Chocolate Navideño you can visit our category Spirits and Drinks.