Peruvian Choncholí Recipe
For who we are grilled food lovers , an exquisite portion of Choncholí with golden potatoes and parboiled corn are the perfect appetizer or accompaniment to a good dish of Anticuchos or Rachi. For all those who dare to try it, we share the recipe and the step by step of its preparation, we guarantee that you will enjoy it. Let's cook!
How to prepare Choncholi
Preparing a tasty Choncholí is very simple, it is also an economical and profitable dish. The main recommendation is to wash it very well and get a good charcoal or wood grill and generate a strong ember to give it a smoky flavor but without burning it.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||210 calories|
- 1 kg of choncholí Beef small intestine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of ground panca pepper
- 1 cup of red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of achiote
- 1/2cup of oil
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- 6 sheets of corn
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 6 boiled potatoes cut into slices
- 3 corn (parboiled corn)
- Chili sauce of your choice
ONE DAY BEFORE CONSUMING IT:
- Wash and clean the intestines well, then cook them in a pot of water with a couple of tablespoons of salt until they are half cooked.
- Drain the cooking water well, cut the choncholi into pieces of approximately 2 to 3 cm and put them in the bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing: garlic, panca chili, vinegar, achiote, oil and salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Cover with the dressing, cover and place the container in the refrigerator, let it macerate for at least 24 hours.
THE DAY OF PREPARATION:
- An hour before, remove the seasoned Choncholí from the refrigerator and drain the dressing in a small bowl. Add 5 tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Light the grill or charcoal and while we wait for it to take on heat and color, prepare the homemade brush to “paint” our Choncholí during cooking.
- Make a bundle with the corn leaves (panca) and knot well at the top with the wick, then with the knife cut the pancas lengthwise, forming thin strips, forming a brush. Dip the brush into the bowl of the dressing mixture.
- Once the ember is ready, place the grill plate on top and sprinkle a little oil on it, let it heat up for a couple of minutes before starting.
- Put portions of Choncholí on the grill, sprinkle the top with the dressing mixture using the corn brush and let it brown, turning constantly so that it is uniform, each time you turn, sprinkle a little dressing with the brush.
- We must be very careful because as the Choncholí is half cooked, cooking and browning will be very fast. If we are not careful, it can get burned.
- On the sides of the griddle place the slices of cooked potato to brown.
down here I leave you 2 super secrets so that the Choncholí fits you like finger licking!
Tips and tricks
- This dish must be served hot, otherwise it loses its flavor.
- If you can't find achiote for the dressing, you can use paprika powder or coloring dressing based on this ingredient.
- Serve in portions accompanied by slices of golden potato and half parboiled corn.
The Choncholí known in other countries as Chinchulin, chunchullo or chunchule It is a dish that has existed in our country for several centuries.
It was consumed as a sandwich or snack in the street stalls of the anticucheras of yesteryear. Today there are very few of them left, but in compensation we now have many "picanterías" that are dedicated exclusively to preparing these dishes.
The Choncholí, as well as the Anticuchos and the Rachi are part of the heritage received from our ancestors Afro-Peruvian who were brought to our continent to work in the cotton and sugar fields.
At first the Choncholí and the other dishes based on viscera they were consumed only by peons or people of color, Now they are highly appreciated by both nationals and tourists who visit our country.
Do not forget to tell us about your experience preparing it and share the recipe with your contacts on social networks. Thanks a million for a "Like".
If you like Peruvian cuisine, we recommend the following recipes:
- Complete recipe for Anticuchos with heart
- Detailed recipe to prepare Rachi
- Prepare some delicious stuffed potatoes in a few steps
- Homemade recipe of Papa a la huancaína
- How to prepare a delicious Duck Ceviche
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Choncholí you can visit our category Meats.
Leave a Reply