Peruvian Crema Volteada Recipe
Flipped cream is a delicious dessert that stands out among the innumerable Peruvian desserts. This recipe is very easy and quick to make. There are different variations with orange, coffee, chocolate and many others, but the original is vanilla Let's cook!
How to prepare Flipped Cream
Learn how to prepare Flipped Cream, ideal for birthday parties, special events or any gathering with your friends or family.
It is a classic of our gastronomy and when you have gained a bit of experience, perhaps you will dare to prepare it in its different versions.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||1 hour|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||140 calories|
- 1 1/2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cans of condensed milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- Large one kilo mold or small individual molds
- First we are going to prepare the caramel. Heat a pot and add the sugar and half a cup of water and stir. Once the sugar is dissolved in the water, let it boil until it turns light brown and turn off.
- Then add the caramel gently over the mold so that it covers the walls of the mold and the bottom.
- Now turn on the oven and we are going to preheat to 180 C° degrees.
- In a bowl add the 6 eggs and mix them gently until both the white and the yolk are united.
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and a splash of vanilla essence (1 1/2 teaspoons). Stir again until all the ingredients have been well mixed. Once you have all this, pour all the content into the mold.
- Now it's time to take it to the oven to make our rich Cream Flipped in a bain-marie. Place a tall fountain and in the center the mold. Add boiling (hot) water to cover about half the height of the mold and leave it for about 1 hour.
- After an hour in the oven, check the consistency by pricking it with a stick. If it is still very liquid, leave it for 5 more minutes and check again and if necessary add a little more boiling water. At this point you must be very careful and check little by little so that it burns.
- And well, that's all. When it is ready, remove the turned cream from the oven and let it cool.
- To serve, help yourself with a thin knife and pass it along the edges of the mold and also through the center. Have the dish ready where you will pour the preparation and with a quick but sure turn, turn it over and gently remove the mold so that it does not break.
I invite you to follow these 3 Tips for a better preparation of Crema Voltada.
Tips and tricks
- Add the drops of half a lemon to the preparation just before mixing the eggs with the milk. With this you will get a special and delicious touch.
- It is very common that in some recipes they tell you that you must beat the eggs with the milk. We recommend that, if possible, you do it better by hand and gently because when it is done with the blender, bubbles often form and then they look like holes in the whipped cream.
- It prevents the water from the fountain from evaporating at the time of the bain-marie. There should always be water, check from time to time and add if necessary.
The origin of Flipped Cream dates back centuries , before Christ, in Roman times. The Romans and Greeks made it with eggs as the main ingredient, and it was called Tyropatina. It continued to be consumed during the Middle Ages to the present day.
This recipe was brought by the Spaniards during the colonization of the American continent, and since it is so tasty and easy to prepare, it has remained until today, its name varying in various regions. While in other countries it is called flan or tocinillo, in our country we know it as Cream Flipped.
Over time, its ingredients have changed, but it maintains the egg as fundamental. We add condensed milk as a requirement to its preparation, to give it a more solid and rich consistency.
A variant of the Cream Flipped, which we also cook in our gastronomy, is the Leche Asada, which represents the other Peruvian version of flan, varying its preparation from the current recipe.
If you loved this recipe for Cream Flipped, Do not forget to share on your social networks with friends and family, and leave us your opinion below.
If you still want more, here is a list of the best Peruvian dessert recipes that will sweeten your life.
- Lemon pie in a few steps
- How to prepare a delicious Rice Pudding
- Delicious recipe for Orange Keke
- Quick and easy recipe for Passion Fruit Cake
- Roasted Milk Recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Crema Volteada you can visit our category Desserts.