Cubierto de Camarón
Peruvian Cubierto de Camarón Recipe
I recently visited a restaurant in typical Arequipeña food and I tried a new dish for me, the Cubierto de Camarón. This soft stew that has my favorite seafood as its protagonist, turned out delicious, so I went in search of the recipe to make it at home. Let's go to the kitchen!
How to Prepare Shrimp Covered
The Shrimp Cutlery is a simple stew to prepare, it only takes a little work, especially the shrimp cleaning part, but it will be fantastic, even more so accompanied by a well grained rice.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||80 calories|
- 2 kilos of large shrimp
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup of unprepared flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon panca chili paste
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying as needed
- The first step is to wash the shrimp well, removing all impurities, then separate the heads and remove the entire cover including the legs, you should be left with only the shelled tail and the end of the tail.
- In a pot place the heads, tails and shells, cover them with water, cover the pot and cook for about 10 minutes. Then blend everything and strain, in the end it should be like a cream, reserve it.
- In a large frying pan, pour a couple of tablespoons of oil, once hot, brown the garlic, then the onion until transparent, add the panca chili, the tomato and the oregano (rubbing with your hand so that it dissolves) and leave on the fire until the tomato is cooked.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of flour in the milk and add to the preparation with the shrimp cream Mix very well, season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it boil for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand.
- Now, to prepare the shrimp, place another medium skillet on the heat, add oil that covers the bottom well (approximately 1 cup) and while it heats, beat the eggs well and season with a little salt.
- When the oil is hot, fry the shrimp tails, passing each one first through the beaten egg and then through the flour, it will form like an omelet. Cooking is fast, so brown for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Once the tails are fried, add them to the sauce and add the chopped parsley, mix and cover for a couple of minutes before serving.
here we leave you two tips to prepare a delicious Shrimp Covered.
Tips and tricks
- Accompany your portion of Shrimp Covered with a portion of well graneadito white rice.
- You can decorate by adding a little more chopped parsley.
Despite several searches, we were unable to get the full story of how Shrimp Cutlery was born.
However, we found that It is a typical dish of the city of Arequipa , consumed mainly during holidays and which is part of its extensive gastronomic menu.
As most of us know Arequipa dishes They feature the noble and exquisite river shrimp, which is raised in abundance in this Peruvian region.
It is said that the Shrimp Cutlery was born many years ago, a product of the imagination and seasoning of some of the midwives who cooked in the picadoras, small family food businesses.
If you liked this recipe, I ask you to comment, value and share it on social networks below so that more people can try it. Thank you!
Here we present you more recipes of other delicious Peruvian dishes based on fish and seafood s to continue enriching your recipe book:
- Easy chorrillana fish recipe
- Homemade recipe for fried trout
- Prepare a delicious panther milk
- How to prepare Popped Crab
- Learn to cook green rice with seafood
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Cubierto de Camarón you can visit our category Fish and Seafood.
Leave a Reply