Peruvian Emoliente Recipe
Who has never consumed emollient around their house or on the nearest corner? The emollient is perfect on winter mornings . This drink is known for its medicinal benefits, since it is the essence of several very powerful herbs. Let's prepare it!
How to prepare Emollient
The ingredients of the emollient are usually very varied according to the tradition of each region and the family traditions themselves. However, we know that it will always be recognized and the main thing that is barley and lemon juice will remain.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||35 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||8 servings|
|🔥 Calories||60 calories|
- 1/2 cup roasted barley
- 1 bunch of horsetail grass
- 1 piece of cat's claw
- 2 full tablespoons of flaxseed
- 1 liter of water
- 1 whole cinnamon
- In a pot boil the water, before herb place the cinnamon.
- Add the barley, horsetail, flaxseed and cat's claw. Let it boil for 30 minutes.
- Use a strainer to strain the liquid from the herbs. Separate it into a separate container.
- You can accompany it with a few drops of lemon and sugar. Take it hot or cold depending on the time of year and your preference.
Do you want the Emollient to come out even richer? then follow the 2 tips below.
Tips and tricks
- If you want it to be thicker, you can add more flaxseed and you can also add more herbs like dandelion or alfalfa.
- If you want it to be even more natural, replace the sugar with honey.
Its consumption dates back to colonial times. At viceroyalty It was where the emollient arrived in Peru and its medicinal fame spread in colonial times. A true industry was formed in the capital, where small establishments dedicated exclusively to the sale of the famous emollient drink emerged.
With the passing of the years the streets began to fill with emolienteros. Finding a stall on every corner was already a common thing. Currently it is not only sold hot, but we also consume it iced.
Its reception and success is so great that now also They sell it bottled in supermarkets where they have given this drink even more personality. Even in recent years, cafe-type stalls dedicated only to the sale of this drink have emerged, where they are sold with style and added elements. Still we can say that the original flavor we keep finding it in the wheelbarrows.
Well that's all, as you can see it is very easy to prepare and it is perfect for these cold days. Go ahead and prepare it at home and surprise your family and friends. In Peru we have delicious drinks, some with alcohol, others without it, others to combat the cold and others, of course, to refresh you.
Remember that you can help us to continue publishing more Peruvian recipes commenting, valuing the recipe and sharing on your social networks . Thank you very much!
Do you want more Peruvian drink recipes? Here I leave the link . And here is also a list of the drinks we have on the page:
- How to prepare Pisco Sour in a few steps
- Learn to prepare a Classic Pisco Chilcano
- Aguaymanto Sour in a few steps
- Delicious barley soda recipe
- Passion fruit chilcano recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Emoliente you can visit our category Spirits and Drinks.