Enrollado de Pollo
Peruvian Chicken Roll Recipe
Many times we find ourselves in a culinary conflict: we need to cook quickly, but richly. In those cases, an appetizer as delicious as a Chicken Wrap goes perfectly. Easy to combine, it is one of the best alternatives when we need to present something special on the table. Let's go with the recipe!
How to Prepare a Chicken Roll
This delicious presentation of chicken has few, but delicious ingredients. Cheese, ham and in some cases cherries are the essentials of the filling. Combined with some vegetables or a rich salad, it becomes a well-balanced lunch.
|🔪 Prep Time||25 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||350 calories|
- 4 chicken fillets
- 8 slices of yellow or manchego cheese
- 8 slices of ham
- 100 grams of bacon (optional)
- Chopped cherries (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- Wheat flour c/n
- Breadcrumbs w/n
- Film paper
- Place the chicken fillets one by one on the plastic wrap, cover completely and flatten with a rolling pin. In this way they will be flattened and perfect for filling.
- Add salt and pepper to taste on each piece of chicken.
- Proceed to the assembly: on each chicken fillet place two slices of ham, two of cheese, cherries and bacon. Everything you want to add or omit depends on your preferences.
- Make use of plastic wrap to roll up the chicken. Exert the necessary pressure so that it is perfectly assembled and does not disarm.
- Remove each piece of plastic wrap. Insert toothpicks into the corners of the zipper to prevent them from opening. You can also use wick for this purpose. It all depends on your preferences.
- Prepare three containers for the batter. In the first place the flour, in the second the eggs (to which you must add salt and pepper) and in the last pour the ground bread.
- Take each roll and go through each container in the following order: flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Try to remove the excess as you pass it through each container.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes. Meanwhile, put enough oil in a pan and take it to the burner.
- When the oil is very hot, start frying. In a few minutes the chicken will be ready.
Now that you know what our Chicken Wrap recipe is, we leave you 3 tips that you can apply
Tips and tricks
- You can put other herbs and spices, be it cumin, parsley, nutmeg, etc. Add them to the bowl of breadcrumbs.
- This chicken goes well with many sides. One of the most delicious are baked potatoes or, if you are in a hurry, steamed.
- You can cover the chicken with a delicious white sauce, in the style of bechamel.
The origin of this delicious recipe dates back to France, as it is nothing more than an adjusted version of the famous « cordon bleu « . This well-known and delicious appetizer has been perpetuated in the history of international gastronomy, and that will hardly change.
The versions of the emergence of the original recipe are very varied. The most popular ones take us back to the 16th century, in the days when the “Cordon Bleu” mention existed for the most outstanding chefs. The delicious dish ended up adopting the term over time, and thus it has become known throughout the world. .
In Latin America we made it ours, and that is how the Chicken Wrap appeared . In the traditional version it is made with ham and cheese, which makes it very similar to Cordon Bleu. However, it is not the only thing that is usually incorporated, and that is where the most important difference lies.
Peru has given its touch to the recipe. The famous white sauce that accompanies it is rarely missing from Peruvian restaurants that offer the dish. This preparation has become very common on our tables, due to how delicious and balanced it is. Undoubtedly one of the fastest delicacies to make in the kitchen.
If you liked the recipe, comment on this post. What's more, Rate the recipe and share it through your networks with friends and family. They will surely like it!
Here are some of the standout recipes from our meat and poultry category:
- Easy and quick recipe for Ají de Gallina
- Delicious grilled chicken recipe
- Lomo Saltado Recipe
- How to make a Chicken Stew
- How to prepare a delicious Pollo al Sillao
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Enrollado de Pollo you can visit our category Others.