Peruvian Ensalada Blanca Recipe
The White Salad is a very easy and quick recipe to prepare, with few ingredients and a wonderful flavor. It is customary to prepare it at New Year or Christmas , but it never hurts to have a delicious accompanying salad in meals along with the main dishes. Lets go cook!
How to prepare white salad
The White Salad recipe is served cold, a mixture of potatoes, ham, and fruit with mayonnaise. It is ideal to accompany turkey and baked suckling pig, being one of the most popular side dishes of Peruvian cuisine. Its delicious flavor will leave you wanting to serve yourself again and continue eating this dish.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||15 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||25 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||546 calories|
- ¼ kilo of English ham
- 4 white potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of peas
- parsley to taste
- 4 canned pineapple slices
- 3 canned peaches
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- First wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them together with the carrots into small squares. Reserve them separately.
- Cut the ham, pineapple slices and peaches into cubes as well and set aside.
- Take the potato and cook it in a pot with water until soft, about 8 minutes. Try not to let it fall apart when you select it. Reserve separately.
- Then also in a pot with hot water, boil the carrot for 3 minutes, add the peas after this time and wait 5 minutes until they are cooked. Strain and place them in separate containers.
- In a deep bowl or casserole, add the potatoes, ham, carrots, peas, canned pineapple and peaches. mix it all carefully.
- Add the mayonnaise and keep stirring until everything is mixed very well.
- Finally, add chopped parsley and it's ready to serve.
follow the next 3 Tips to improve the preparation of this rich White Salad.
Tips and tricks
- You can also add boiled or boiled eggs chopped into pieces.
- If you don't have those canned fruits, you can substitute them with green apple.
- Add if you have, cooked shelled corn, which paints this dish a little, and adds an exotic flavor when mixed with the other ingredients.
Salads are classified as cold dishes with various vegetables, fruits and ingredients, mixed with oil, vinegar, and in some cases, mayonnaise. They are served as side dishes or side dishes, and their many varieties of preparation are scattered throughout the world.
The word salad comes from the Latin salata (from herba salata), which means salty herbs. Everything seems to indicate that its first recipe originated in Ancient Rome , being the Romans and Greeks the ones who began to serve vegetables seasoned with salt and oil. The recipe transcended for years, and in the Renaissance this dish was the favourite.
The White Salad, potato salad or mayo potatoes , as it is also known, has potato and mayonnaise as its main ingredient, among others, and it is this combination that gives it the white color from which its name derives. Despite being a salad, it has a high level of calories (fat), so its continuous consumption is not recommended.
Currently in our country, there are numerous restaurants where it is prepared and served with a more sophisticated touch. Its bittersweet or sweet flavor, the result of the preserved fruits that are added, makes this dish a delight for the palate.
If you liked this White Salad recipe, Leave us your comment below along with a Like and share us on your social networks with family and friends.
Continue with us so that you know and cook the best TOP 5 salad recipes of the wonderful Peruvian cuisine:
- How to prepare a delicious Russian Salad
- Delicious recipe for Solterito Arequipeño
- Quinoa salad in a few steps
- Lentil Salad Recipe
- Easy and quick recipe for Pallares Salad
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada Blanca you can visit our category Others.