Ensalada de Chonta
Peruvian Ensalada de Chonta Recipe
Are you a lover of good tickets? Do you love to eat delicious salads? If so, it is our preparation of the Heart of Palm Salad. This delicious appetizer widely consumed in our country is a rich salad based on chonta or heart of palm with a variety of vegetables that make it very delicious. Continue with us and learn more about this interesting salad!
How to Prepare Chonta Salad
This Chonta Salad recipe does not have any major complications in terms of time or difficulty. In addition, it is usually a highly regarded entree in restaurants due to its flavor and its ingredients.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||5 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||45 calories|
- 500 grams of Chontas or hearts of palm
- 4 lemons
- 7 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 5 onions cut into thin strips (julienne)
- 2 avocados cut in a fan
- 1 medium lettuce
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash all the vegetables very well, peel five onions and place in a container with warm water to remove the smell a little.
- Then, extract the juice from four lemons and reserve
- Next, strip half a kilo of chonta into strips. She washes the chontas one more time and cuts them into small squares. Reserve in a bowl.
- Now cut seven tomatoes into thin slices and the five onions into thin strips. Similarly, cut two avocados like a fan.
- At the moment, in a small container, mix the juice of four lemons, a little oil, half a teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- Finally, in a glass container place a bed of lettuce and all the finely chopped vegetables. Pour the mixture from the container into the salad and that's it.
As we know that you are not satisfied with the recipe, we also leave you these tricks that you won't be able to stop reading.
Tips and tricks
- If you like, you can use about two teaspoons of vinegar to substitute the lemon.
- This recipe will always be your guide. However, you can subtract or add ingredients to your preference, as a recommendation we offer you to add broccoli, cucumber, radish, among others.
- In jungle regions, chonta is usually sold fresh, that is, with the heart. It is for this reason that the heart should be removed before making the recipe.
This delicious salad has as its main ingredient in preparation the Chonta, whose origin dates back a long time, so old that there is no clear record of its growing season. What we do know about this controversial fruit is that it originates from our American continent and that it is the only wild palm that has been properly domesticated.
The heart of palm or Chonta, is the fruit of this palm which is widely used in jungle region for boiled and soups that help cure the sick. This according to what they say in the region, however, we know that this fruit is nutritious and delicious. That is why to give it an innovative use in the kitchen, it began to be taken to make some salads until the current recipe was achieved.
In Peru, it was initially domesticated by the Quechua, in the north of the country. This over time was transferred to the rest of the country, and this is how it has achieved its effective distribution in all areas of Peru. Currently forming part of our menus and making our dishes balanced.
Currently, when we search hearts of palm or chonta, we can even get it in canned goods from the supermarket. These have been very commercial and have preparations using the heart, as in the case of our rich salad, where it does not have it. They are kept fresh in their container with a kind of water or oil waiting for consumption.
Did you like this recipe? If the answer is yes, then let us know! Rate, comment and share the recipe through social networks with friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru!
To finish, we present some of the preparations included in our category of Salads. You will surely love all of them.
- Delicious Russian salad recipe
- How to make a rich Solterito Arequipeño
- Quinoa salad in a few steps
- How to make a Lentil Salad
- Easy and quick recipe for Pallares Salad
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada de Chonta you can visit our category Others.
Leave a Reply