Ensalada de Lentejas
Peruvian Ensalada de Lentejas Recipe
There are many variations of Lentil Salad, with or without meat, with or without carbohydrates, from the simplest to the most complicated, what they have in common is that they are tasty. Today we share with you a simple recipe and within reach of all pockets. Let's cook!
How to prepare lentil salad
In addition to being a source of energy, they provide antioxidants, vitamins and proteins, they contain abundant iron and calcium, which is why they are highly recommended for children's diets. You'll love it
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||50 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||70 calories|
- 500 grams of lentils
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 large red tomato diced
- 100 grams of black pitted botija olives, diced
- 200 grams of cooked sweet corn
- 2 cans of natural tuna
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preparation of lentil salad
- Let the lentils soak overnight in a container with water that covers them completely.
- The next day, drain the soaking water and place the lentils in a pot with hot water and a little salt, cook until done (approximately 40 minutes). You'll know they're done when they feel soft when pressed.
- Remove the cooking water and put the lentils in the salad bowl, add the pepper, tomato, olives, sweet corn and the tuna (drain almost all the water in which it comes canned). Mix all ingredients well.
Preparation of mustard vinaigrette
- In a container, with the help of a fork or mixer, mix the olive oil with the mustard, when they are well combined, add the vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste, mix everything again so that they are integrated.
- Finally add the lemon juice and mix again until smooth.
Perfect! In a short time we have prepared a delicious salad with a high nutritional value, there is no better way to pamper the family. we bring now for you some tips safety pins.
Tips and tricks
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad, mix everything very well, let stand for about 5 minutes before serving. This will give a special touch.
The Lentil Salad has no recorded history, we imagine that it was the best solution that some mother created to get her family to consume them. lentil , we know that it is considered one of the oldest legumes of humanity, since the first traces of its cultivation date back more than 8,000 years in Israel.
In ancient Egypt it was a dish for the kings, but during the construction of the pyramids it was also given to the workers so that they would have strength and energy for the works. In many regions it was considered a food "infamous" , is due to the reference in the bible that Esau sold his offspring for a bowl of lentils
The truth is that, during times of famine in several European countries, it was the food adopted by rich and poor, thus consolidating its place at the family table. For my part, what convinced me the most about it was its zero fat content, which made the Lentil Salad one of my favorites to keep in shape.
If you liked this recipe do not forget to give "I LIKE" and share it with your family and friends. Thank you very much!
If you want to learn how to cook more Peruvian food recipes, you may be interested in visiting these pages:
- How to prepare Beet Salad
- How to make Lima Bean Salad
- Homemade recipe for quinoa or quinoa salad
- Learn to prepare Russian Salad
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada de Lentejas you can visit our category Starters.