Ensalada de Pallares
Peruvian Ensalada de Pallares Recipe
Pallares Salad is a refreshing salad, with great nutritional value that with a not very large amount gives the feeling of satiety.
In other parts of the globe it is known by the name of garrofón, habones, Lima bean, Lima bean, pallar bean or guaracaro.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||90 calories|
- 1/2 kilo of lima beans
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large onion. Below I leave you a tip so that it has a too strong flavor
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 lettuce
- 3 lemons the green ones that outside of Peru are called lime
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or alternatively vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sancocha (cook) the lima beans and let them cool. When they are cold, season them with salt, pepper, oil and oregano.
- Prepare a Creole sauce. Cut the onion into julienne strips, the chopped parsley, the yellow pepper in slices without veins and lemon juice.
- Place the tomatoes on top of the lima beans and add the Creole sauce.
- Serve on a plate decorating with a base of lettuce leaves.
As you have seen, this recipe is very simple and quick, however there are TWO SECRETS that I would like to share with you so that they come out much better.
Tips and tricks
- So that the lima beans do not break, you must first cook them at a high temperature and when the water begins to boil, lower the heat and cook them until they are ready.
- So that the onion does not taste too strong, let it rest for 10 minutes in cold water before mixing it with the other ingredients.
We must also emphasize that the pallar is a food that is grown in the north of Peru and that its name as we know it today comes from the Mochica paxller and that in Quechua it was also called pallar.
During the time of viceroyalty it was exported to the rest of the countries of the continent and to Europe. In other parts of the world it is also known by the name of Lima Beans due to the name that appeared on the boxes as the place of origin.
If you liked this recipe for Pallares Salad in 4 steps, I would appreciate it if you comment, value and share through all your social networks so that others can also enjoy it. Thank you very much!
Here is a list with more recipes peruvian salads :
- Beet Salad Recipe
- How to prepare Quinoa Salad
- Delicious Russian salad recipe
- Arequipeño Bunting in a few steps
- Homemade Lentil Salad Recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada de Pallares you can visit our category Others.