Ensalada de Quinua o Quinoa
Peruvian Ensalada de Quinua o Quinoa Recipe
The Quinoa Salad is probably one of the most nutritious salads you can try . A rich quinoa salad will provide you with the necessary nutrients to face a long day of work or studies. In addition to its properties already mentioned, we cannot forget that it has a very particular and pleasant flavor. Let's not wait any longer and eat!
How to Prepare Quinoa Salad
Quinoa Salad is a delicious salad of great value for your health. In addition to its great taste, it will provide you with the necessary values to have the energy you need for your daily life.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||120 calories|
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup each of the following diced vegetables: celery, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium ripe avocados ready to eat
- a bunch of parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cup of quinoa and a cup and a half of water in a pot. Boil for approximately 15 minutes. Lower the power of the fire a little as soon as you see that the water begins to boil.
- While the quinoa is boiling, chop all the vegetables into small squares and place them in a salad bowl.
- Prepare the dressing for the salad. In a bowl place 1/3 cup of olive oil, add the juice (juice) of the lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and reserve it.
- When the 15 minutes have passed, let the quinoa cool slightly. Once it is a little cold, add the dressing to the vegetables, mix well and finally add the quinoa.
- Cut the avocados into two halves and place the mixture in the center. To decorate, sprinkle some chopped parsley and that's it.
Easier, faster and more nutritious impossible, right?. However I recommend that you follow the two tips that I leave below so that your Quinoa Salad is the best.
Tips and tricks
- Before boiling the quinoa, wash it well. Even if you buy it in a package that says it is ready to use, I recommend that you wash it several times until the water is as clear as possible. This way you will avoid the bitter taste that it could give to your salad.
- To give it a little flavor add 1/4 part of a cube of meat (chicken or beef) to the water in which you boil the quinoa. Enjoy your rich quinoa salad.
I remember that Quinoa was not very popular when I was little and the price was much cheaper than today. Peru and other Andean countries are the main countries that grow and export this grain.
The values of this inca gold grain They are highly valued by specialists around the world and have been gaining popularity thanks to all the good things they can provide in terms of nutrients and beneficial properties for humans. Quinoa has been found to contains ten essential amino acids for people, and is also high in lysine, minerals, and vitamins.
Peru is the number one exporter of Quinoa in the world and more and more countries are importing it to enjoy it among their citizens. For those of us who come from the Peruvian coast, it probably doesn't sound like much to us or we haven't tried it that much, but it does for those who know the Andes of Peru well.
In these lands, Quinoa forms an essential part of the diet of the inhabitants of the peruvian highlands . In those regions there are many dishes based on quinoa and among them perhaps the best known is the Quinoa Salad.
Rate the recipe, comment on your experience and share through social networks with friends and family. This recipe for Quinoa or Quinoa Salad has been of interest to you. Thanks!.
Here are more recipes for Peruvian salads:
- Beet Salad Recipe
- How to prepare Pallares Salad
- Delicious Russian salad recipe
- Homemade recipe of Arequipa Bunting
- How to make lentil salad
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada de Quinua o Quinoa you can visit our category Others.