Peruvian Ensalada Rusa Recipe
The Russian Salad is one of the most consumed salads in the world and many of its versions obey the customs of each country where it is consumed. In our country, it is characterized by carrying beterraga (beet) , rich in vitamins A and C. Do you dare to prepare it?
How to prepare Russian Salad
The Russian Salad is one of the most prepared salads in the world. In Peru it is famous for being present at Christmas tables in Lima and it is made with beets. This ingredient gives this dish a reddish color and differentiates it from other versions.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||70 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||160 calories|
- 2 beets (beets)
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup peas (peas)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 200g string beans (green beans)
- Lettuce leaves to decorate
- Salt and pepper
- First boil the potatoes (potatoes), beets and carrots, all unpeeled. Carrots usually need more time.
- When they are boiled, remove the vegetables, let them cool and peel them.
- Meanwhile, put the green beans and peas in another pot and boil them without spending too much time.
- In another pot, boil the eggs.
- When you have everything boiled, chop the potatoes, beets and carrots into cubes.
- Add the green beans and peas. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. remove it all
- To serve, put a lettuce leaf and a little salad in the center. Bon Apetit.
Follow the 3 Recommendations following for you to prepare a Russian Salad to lick your fingers.
Tips and tricks
- Rinse and clean the vegetables well before putting them to boil.
- You can peel the vegetables after boiling or before, whichever works best for you.
- After boiling, let the vegetables rest out of the water for a little while to cool and dry.
As we have said before, this salad is a dish prepared and consumed in many parts of the world with its respective versions, but as its name says, the Russian Salad comes from Russia.
The story goes that in 1860 the Chef Lucian Oliver from the Hermitage restaurant, located in Moscow, I create this fantastic salad. The original recipe is not registered but what is known is that in those days it used vinaigrette and venison, ingredients that are not present in current versions.
Over the years the recipe became well known and crossed borders reaching Ukraine. In this country, expensive ingredients are replaced, such as venison meat by the more easily acquired chicken, and others are added, such as potatoes, carrots and peas.
In Peru, the Russian Salad is consumed throughout the year since all its ingredients are easy to find, but there is a special date in which it is eaten and it is part of the main dish, that date is Christmas . It is served accompanying the turkey and the puree, representing a classic of these parties.
If you liked this recipe for Peruvian-style Russian Salad, Do not hesitate to comment and share it on your social networks with your family and friends.
You may also be interested in these delicious Peruvian salad recipes:
- Beterraga Salad Recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Quinoa Salad
- Delicious recipe for Pallares Salad
- Quick and easy Solterito Arequipeño recipe
- Lentil salad in a few steps
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada Rusa you can visit our category Others.