Peruvian Ensalada Waldorf Recipe
This rich dish, called Waldorf Salad, is a classic of North American cuisine. Its simplicity and rich flavor has made it popular in the world, including Peru. , where it is customary as a starter at any time of the year. Do you want to learn more about this delicious dish? Let's go to the Recipe!
How to Prepare Waldorf Salad
The Waldorf Salad is very easy to prepare: it includes ingredients that we will easily find at home. We cannot forget, however, that there are many variations of it . The advantage is that you can remove or add ingredients to taste as long as you incorporate the main ones.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||0 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||20 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||267 calories|
For the salad
- 2 sour apples
- 150 grams of chopped walnuts
- 50 grams of pine nuts
- 100 grams of raisins
- 250 grams of chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Start with the dressing first. Wash the lemon (since its peel will also be used). Grate its surface and proceed to squeeze the juice from the lemons. Booking.
- Place the cream, mustard and honey in a container. Mix until smooth.
- On the other hand, toast the walnuts and pine nuts in a pan. When they are lightly toasted, remove from the heat.
- Let it cool. Then cut everything into small pieces.
- Next, peel the apples and cut into small cubes. Likewise the celery.
- Put both ingredients in a container and pour the lemon juice.
- Add the walnuts, pine nuts and raisins to the previously prepared sauce.
- Then put the breasts on the grill and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook on both sides. Dice.
- Now, add the chicken breast to the bowl with the apple and celery. Add the sauce and mix. Rectify salt and pepper to taste.
Now that you have the complete recipe we leave you here 3 recommendations that you cannot miss to improve your preparation of Waldorf Salad.
Tips and tricks
- Try to remove the fibers when peeling the celery to avoid unpleasant textures for the palate.
- To serve, place a bed of lettuce on the plate and top with a generous amount of this rich salad.
- The duration of this salad is 2 to 3 days well refrigerated.
This salad is one of the most popular throughout history. The first version was created in 1893 by the Waldorf Hotel in New York. It was served for the first time at a massive dinner held at the hotel to celebrate the arrival of spring.
The great impact that its flavor and color had among the wealthiest classes in the city made this recipe achieve the great recognition it has maintained over the years.
The Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York , is one of the most glamorous and luxurious hotels in the United States. Currently, this salad continues to be the most popular dish on their menu. In its beginnings, it was served for about 10 cents. Nowadays, in the same hotel, you can find it for 20 dollars.
Wikipedia tells us that it is a Oscar Tschirky who is credited with inventing the recipe. Despite this, the authorship of his creations is still a matter of dispute. Today, the ingredients of this salad have varied without removing its essence, adding to it nuts, lettuce and mayonnaise or other dressing.
Now that you're done, leave us your experience here. Comment, rate and share with your family and friends on social networks.
Here we leave you the links of 5 recipes from the category of salads that you will surely love:
- Russian Salad Recipe .
- Quick and easy Solterito Arequipeño recipe .
- How to make a Quinoa Salad.
- Delicious recipe for Lentil Salad .
- How to prepare a delicious Pallares Salad .
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Ensalada Waldorf you can visit our category Others.
Leave a Reply