Escabeche de Pescado
Peruvian Escabeche de Pescado Recipe
The Fish Escabeche is a colorful dish that combines fresh seafood and different typical Peruvian chili peppers (yellow chili and panca or red chili) in a spicy and refreshing sweet and sour sauce. This delicious dish is usually eaten cold and it is ideal for a summer afternoon anywhere in the world. Let's go to the kitchen!
How to Prepare Fish Escabeche
The Escabeche de Pescado recipe is a very easy recipe to prepare. It is a dish that is normally eaten cold and therefore very popular during the hot months. The Fish Escabeche also has an unmistakable flavor and color thanks to the peppers used.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||60 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||90 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||8 servings|
|🔥 Calories||210 calories|
- 8 fresh fish fillets of preference
- 1/4 cup of red vinegar
- 4 medium boiled sweet potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs cut into pieces
- 8 black olives cut in half
- 1 cup of fish broth
- 4 medium red onions cut into medium pieces
- 2 yellow pepper cut into strips without veins
- 1 lettuce
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 Maggi fish stock cube or other brand
- 1 teaspoon panca pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- Oil for frying preferably Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper, oregano and cumin
- Season the fish fillets with salt, pepper and cover them with flour on both sides so they don't stick when frying.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and carefully place the fish fillets to fry. When you take a golden color remove them.
- If the oil from the fried fish is not too dirty or burnt, use it to fry the onions, otherwise use another hot pan, add oil and the chopped onions.
- After a minute or so add the yellow chili cut into strips, the ground garlic, the yellow chili, the panca chili, the fish stock cube, the fish stock, salt, cumin pepper and mix.
- After a couple of minutes frying add the red vinegar and taste, if you like more acid add a little more.
- When almost everything is ready, add the mustard and oregano.
- To serve, place a base of lettuce leaves in a bowl and place the fish fillets on top, cover them with the prepared sauce, decorate with hard-boiled eggs, black olives and a little parsley.
If you want the Fish Escabeche to be exquisite, I leave you 3 Advice very important to follow.
Tips and tricks
- The fish can be of any type as long as it is fresh, but I recommend that it is not too greasy and does not fall apart easily so that it absorbs the juices of the sauce.
- Prepare the Fish Escabeche a day before at night and store it in a dry place without humidity and at room temperature. If it's too hot, store it in the fridge but take it out a couple of hours before eating. The flavor of the pickle from one day to the next is spectacular, if there is not much time, let it rest for at least an hour.
- The vinegar has to be of good quality, I recommend that you use red wine vinegar.
The word Escabeche comes from the Arabic « sik bag » which when pronounced sounds more or less like «iskebech» and that refers to a traditional Arab way of preserving food with vinegar and sugar.
When the Spanish arrived in the middle of the 16th century, they also came her Moorish servants and they brought with them this traditional arabic recipe that little by little took root in our Peruvian lands.
This dish was very popular mainly on the coasts of Peru, and it is here where the typical products of the land are added, such as the different types of chili and it begins to be combined with different types of meat and in this way our famous Escabeche is born. of fish.
That is why today we can enjoy different marinades within the varied Peruvian meals, although my favorite is fish due to its delicious and lasting flavor.
If you liked this recipe for Fish Escabeche, Share it on your social networks and give it a "Like" .
Here you also have the best fish and seafood recipes of Peruvian cuisine that may interest you:
- How to prepare a delicious Peruvian Ceviche
- Parihuela in a few steps
- Easy and quick recipe for Leche de Tigre
- Delicious recipe for Chilcano de Pescado
- How to make a Rice with Seafood
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Escabeche de Pescado you can visit our category Fish and Seafood.