Escabeche de Pollo
Peruvian Escabeche de Pollo Recipe
Chicken Escabeche is a typical dish of Peruvian cuisine. With its meat rich in high-quality protein, low in cholesterol and high in iron, It is the ideal food for Replenish forces , with the plus of the wonderful flavor provided by its ingredients. Let's start your preparation!
How to Prepare Chicken Escabeche
Although the preparation of the Chicken Escabeche is not characterized by its speed, its flavor will reward you for the time and effort spent on it. This stew, one of the most popular in our land, is made with chicken, yellow pepper, onion and multiple condiments.
|🔪 Prep Time||1 hour 10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||930 calories|
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 cubes of chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 onions, julienned
- 1 cup of oil
- 4 boiled eggs
- 150 grams of botija olives
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 2 chopped yellow peppers
- 3 teaspoons ground yellow pepper
- 3 teaspoons of ground panca chili
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 3 cooked purple sweet potatoes
- First, grind the garlic, pepper and cumin together with the chicken stock cubes.
- Then season the chicken pieces with the previous preparation, and fry them in the pan with plenty of hot oil until golden brown. Remove, drain and reserve them in a separate pan.
- Place the chopped onions and yellow peppers in a container with vinegar for an hour.
- In another pot, heat the oil and sauté garlic, ground panca pepper, ground yellow pepper, salt, pepper and oregano over medium heat.
- Add the vinegar-based dressing and cook for a few minutes. Pour over the chicken.
- Place the chicken pieces with the dressing in a bowl and let them rest. Enjoy and accompany this delicacy with sweet potatoes, boiled eggs and olives.
follow these 2 Tips for a better preparation of the Pickled Chicken!
Tips and tricks
- It is recommended, whenever possible, to consume free-range chicken.
- The best way to thaw chicken is to do it slowly in the refrigerator. Quick thawing dries out the meat.
Exist several versions about the origin of the marinade . According to some sources, this word appeared for the first time in the Libro de los Guisados, by Ruperto de Nola, in 1525. Although there are records of its use much earlier, in 1324, appearing in the Catalan book Llibre de Sent Soví.
It is also mentioned in the famous book One Thousand and One Nights, implying an Arab origin. Some studies claim that this technique originated in Arab countries and in Persia , and that the word marinade comes from the Arabic-Persian sikbâg, a creation whose main elements are vinegar and spices and is pronounced iskabech.
There is another theory about its origin that points to the canned fish called alacha or aleche, together with the Latin prefix esca (food). It is said that the Arabs passed this marinating technique to the Sicilians conschivecch, but it is documented that the Sicilian term comes from the Genoese term "cabeccio", and this in turn from the Castilian escabeche.
The Chicken Escabeche recipe It was introduced in our country by the Spaniards during the Viceroyalty. Originally it was cooked with fish, and it was in Peru where chicken began to be preserved with this preparation. Currently it represents a typical dish of our cuisine and in some regions it is accompanied with broccoli and carrots.
If you liked this recipe, Comment on your experience preparing it and share it on your social networks.
Cook with us the 5 best Peruvian meat and poultry recipes:
- Easy and quick recipe for Ají de Gallina
- Delicious grilled chicken recipe
- Lomo Saltado in a few steps
- Chicken Stew Recipe
- How to make Chicken Sillao
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Escabeche de Pollo you can visit our category Chicken.
Leave a Reply