The Chicken Stew is one of the most common dishes of our day to day. Its high nutritional value and the solidity of its ingredients deserve an important place in Peruvian cuisine. My grandfather used to cook it and here I show you his delicious homemade recipe.
How to Prepare Chicken Stew
This is the typical dish that we say is cooked by itself, since it only needs a little supervision. Chicken Stew ingredients include pre-chopped vegetables, potatoes, peas, and most importantly, chicken. Its rich and consistent flavor is one of its strengths.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||45 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||180 calories|
Ingredients Chicken Stew
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 potatoes chopped into medium pieces
- 2 cups of water
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 1/2 cup of carrot chopped in half moon
- 3 oil tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of special chili
- 3 sprigs of chopped coriander
- 1 whole coriander branch with stem
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- In a pot pour the oil and brown the six pieces. Once the dams are sealed, take them out and reserve them separately.
- In that same oil brown the garlic, onion, tomato, special chili, pepper, cumin and salt.
- In that dressing incorporate the golden chicken pieces. Continuously also add the potato, the pea and the carrot.
- Add to this two cups of water.
- Throw a sprig of coriander with trunk.
- Cook the mixture for half an hour maximum.
- At the moment of serving, superficially put the chopped coriander as a decoration.
I leave you here 3 Tips so that the preparation of Chicken Stew is much better.
Tips and tricks
- We usually accompany the stew with a well-grained white rice or if you prefer you can leave it on the table and each one can serve himself as he wishes.
- You can accompany it with a radish salad as I love it, chopped, with lemon and salt.
- Add raisins, this will give it a very particular sweet touch.
The stew has an Italian and French origin for different means, specializing in its kitchens in the stuffa technique, which consists of simmering the meat together with the vegetables in its own juice. However, we will generalize with the European origin.
In Spain. For example, this cooking technique was very popular among the population, and the meat of the bulls that participated in the bullfights was destined for this dish. In fact, the oxtail ingredient for its preparation became very popular.
With the arrival of the Spanish conquerors to our lands, various dishes also arrived with them and have remained here with their long history. This is why Peruvian cuisine is known as fusion cuisine , due to the diversity of cultures that make it up
The Chicken Stew recipe came to America with different ingredients and names like carbonada, stew, etc. Both stews have different preparations but share the same origin. In our country, the consumption of meat was replaced with chicken because it is a very common and accessible bird for the population.