HUMITAS DULCES | Receta Fácil Y Deliciosa + 3 TIPS
Are you craving something sweet and delicious? Look no further than humitas dulces! These delectable treats are a popular dessert in Peru and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Made from fresh corn, sugar, and a few other simple ingredients, humitas dulces are a delight to eat and a joy to make. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want to treat yourself to a tasty dessert, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make these mouthwatering humitas dulces!
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 8-10 corn husks
- Remove the corn kernels from the cobs and place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add the sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt to the blender.
- Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the raisins and chopped walnuts.
- Soak the corn husks in warm water for about 30 minutes to soften them.
- Take one corn husk and spread a spoonful of the corn mixture onto the center of the husk.
- Fold the sides of the husk over the filling, then fold the bottom of the husk up to enclose it.
- Tie the top of the husk with a small strip of corn husk to secure it.
- Repeat this process with the remaining corn husks and filling.
- Place the filled husks in a steamer basket and steam them for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the humitas dulces are firm and cooked through.
- Remove the humitas dulces from the steamer and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the humitas dulces warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
Number of Servings and Serving Size:
This recipe makes approximately 8-10 humitas dulces. Enjoy one serving as a delightful dessert.
Type of Dish:
Humitas dulces are a traditional Peruvian sweet dish.
This recipe is vegetarian-friendly. However, it contains dairy and nuts, so it may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance or nut allergies.
Cuisine Style or Geographic Region:
Humitas dulces originated in Peru and are a popular dessert in Peruvian cuisine.
Humitas dulces are perfect for a variety of occasions, including family gatherings, celebrations, or as a special dessert for yourself.
What is this dish for?
Humitas dulces are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed as a dessert after a meal or as a sweet snack at any time of the day.
It takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to prepare and cook humitas dulces.
Cooking Skill Level:
This recipe can be enjoyed by both beginner and experienced cooks. The steps are simple and easy to follow.
You will need a blender or food processor to prepare the corn mixture, as well as a steamer basket to cook the humitas dulces.
Now that you know all there is to know about humitas dulces, it’s time to try your hand at making these delectable treats. The combination of sweet corn, sugar, and other tasty ingredients creates a dessert that is both comforting and indulgent. So, gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to enjoy the deliciousness of humitas dulces!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I use canned corn instead of fresh corn?
While fresh corn is traditionally used in this recipe, you can substitute it with canned corn if fresh corn is not available. Just make sure to drain the canned corn before blending it with the other ingredients.
2. Can I omit the raisins and walnuts?
Yes, if you’re not a fan of raisins or walnuts, you can omit them from the recipe. The humitas dulces will still turn out delicious without them.
3. Can I freeze the humitas dulces?
Yes, you can freeze the humitas dulces for later enjoyment. Simply place them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer. When ready to eat, thaw them in the refrigerator and reheat them in a steamer or microwave.
4. Can I add other ingredients to the corn mixture?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment and add your own twist to the corn mixture. Some popular additions include shredded coconut, cinnamon, or even a touch of lime zest.
5. Can I serve the humitas dulces with a sauce or topping?
While humitas dulces are delicious on their own, you can certainly serve them with a sauce or topping if desired. Some options include caramel sauce, whipped cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.