Who has never tried a Leche Asada? We will hardly have a negative answer, it is like never having eaten rice pudding or purple mazamorra. It is the showcase dessert, we can easily find it near our house. The famous roasted milk is never missing on display. Here the recipe!
How to prepare Roasted Milk
The texture of the roasted milk is smooth and creamy. It has as a characteristic this golden cover. You can eat it warm or cold, it can be kept for up to a week refrigerated. The process of preparation and waiting only requires patience, like any dessert, otherwise it is easy to make.
|🔪 Prep Time||15 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||1 hour|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||110 calories|
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 fresh milk
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla branch
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a pot pour a glass of milk and turn on the stove over low heat.
- Place the vanilla and cinnamon sticks in the milk and stir for 10 minutes.
- In a glass container beat the eggs with white and yolk included.
- Add the sugar and dissolve it with the eggs.
- Pour the rest of the milk little by little into the sugar and egg mixture.
- Add the teaspoons of vanilla essence and cinnamon powder.
- Mix the milk from the pot with the mixture you just completed and stir.
- Remove the vanilla and cinnamon sticks from the mixture.
- Take out six small containers, preferably metal, and distribute the mixture.
- Place the six metal containers in a glass source (pyrex type) and pour cold water up to half of the baking containers in a bain-marie.
- Heat the oven to 150° Celsius and place the pan inside for 1 hour.
here we leave you an excellent recommendation , for you
Tips and tricks
- It is recommended to wait for it to cool down.
Reference is made to roasted milk with Chile; however, it is not indicated that this country is the original country since it is Europe the cradle of this type of desserts , as well as flan among others.
Probably at the time of the conquest these recipes spread in South America, reaching various countries such as Chile, Mexico, Ecuador and here to Peru among others, since we can find the name of roasted milk in each of those countries, but with variations in the recipes.
This dessert is actually quite simple. We don’t need much to make it, the ingredients are convenient and accessible. It has as main protagonists milk and egg . The result of this is delicious.
I invite you to try it if you haven’t done so yet and to prepare it if you have already tried it but have never tried it at home.