Leche de Pantera
Peruvian Leche de Pantera Recipe
There is no doubt that Peruvians are very creative, not only with recipes but also with names. I would have never imagined what it would be like panther milk until I tried it. Just as Leche de Tigre is the essence of a fish or mixed ceviche, Panther Milk concentrates all the flavor of the intense Black Shells , tasty mollusc that abounds in the northern zone of Peru. Let's go with the recipe!
How to Prepare Panther Milk
The preparation of the Leche de Pantera is simple and fast, everything depends on getting the black shells because they have closed seasons (to preserve the species) and that they are fresh. As it is a cocktail, we will use wide glasses to serve it.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||10 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||30 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||70 calories|
- 2 dozen black shells
- 1/4 cup of fish broth
- 1 kilo of lemon lime in some countries
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped without veins or seeds
- 4 teaspoons coriander branches (finely chopped coriander)
- 1 kion (grated ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 cup diced red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the black shells well and open them to remove the mollusk, but very carefully and directly into the bowl so as not to lose the juice that each one has inside.
- Add the onion, chili, garlic, coriander and fish broth, season with salt and pepper to taste. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Also put the glasses in the refrigerator. Meanwhile squeeze the juice from the lemons.
- After that time, add the lemon juice, mix well and let stand for a couple more minutes.
- Serve immediately in previously chilled glasses, decorate with a little chopped coriander, cancha serrana and yuyo.
We share 2 tips so that the Pantera Milk comes out even more delicious.
Tips and tricks
- The shells must be well closed when buying them, it is a guarantee of freshness.
- Always choose lemons that are green in color and feel soft when pressed, they will be juicier and have the perfect acidity.
This marine cocktail is typical of the departments of Tumbes and Piura, an exclusive area of the country where we can collect black shells.
This species is only found in the mangrove forests and are harvested by hand. The name is related to the black color that the mollusk provides in the preparation. For the majority of revelers (parties), the panther milk It is the quintessential “dead-rising” breakfast.
They assure that taking it generates an overflow of energy that allows them to continue the day until later falling into a restful sleep. On the other hand, as well as his first cousin, the Tiger's Milk, the Panther's Milk is attributed aphrodisiac powers.
Don't forget to tell us about your experience. comment, rate and share the recipe with your friends and family on all social networks. Thanks!
Then we leave you the link of other recipes with fish and seafood that you will love to try:
- Simple and economical, recipe for Choritos a la Chalaca
- Try some delicious Parmesan Conchitas
- Prepare a delicious Fish Ceviche
- How to prepare Leche de Tigre
- Tuna Stuffed Causa Recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Leche de Pantera you can visit our category Starters.