The Leche de Tigre is undoubtedly the favorite appetizer of many. When you are on the beach, when you go to a cevichería or on a Sunday doing something special at home; This leche de tigre is fresh and has just the right amount of spice. At the same time, it is light and always fits as the favorite appetizer to a main dish. . Let’s prepare it!
How to prepare Leche de Tigre
It is the craving of many Peruvians, especially in summer time. Surely you have thought that it is very complicated, right? Well, the truth is that it is not. Follow our steps and you will see how easy it is to do it.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||5 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||15 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||2 servings|
|🔥 Calories||120 calories|
- 1 purple onion
- 1 branch of celery
- 6 coriander stalks
- 1 kion die (ginger)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chili slime
- 1 medium fish fillet preferably sole or grouper
- salt and white pepper
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 splash of water
- In a container (bowl) place the vegetables: the red onion without the heart, the celery without threads, the coriander stems without leaves, the chopped ginger, the garlic and finally the chili pepper without seeds, if you prefer it without spicy you can remove the veins.
- Chop the fish into pieces and place it in the bowl.
- Season it with salt and white pepper.
- Pour in the lemon juice and let it sit for a minute.
- Take the mixture to the blender, add the ice and just a splash of water. Blend it and it’s ready.
- You can customize it by using cooked seafood, fish pieces and/or diced onions.
I give you 2 secret so that the Leche de Tigre has an incomparable flavor!
Tips and tricks
- Don’t forget to use the chullpi canchita preferably, chifles or shelled corn. The accompaniment is always key and it is even more delicious.
- Add Seafood cream to give it body and an incredible flavor.
Le leche de tigre is the result of the Ceviche concentrate. The result of the acid and spicy flavors mixed with the strong flavor of fish, shellfish and other ingredients. It is always customary to drink this essence of juice that leaves the Ceviche at the end with a spoon. It is very addictive just like Ceviche.
It is said that in the markets, in the popular huariques they started selling it cheaper than Ceviche, it was served in a glass as a hangover cure, an aphrodisiac.
In relation to its low cost, tiger’s milk began to become famous. in the 90s leche de tigre began to enter the category of starters and began to appear on the menus of various restaurants and cevicherias .
From this, there have been variations according to how to serve it, what to accompany it with, the content, etc. But its essence remains the same, the essence of Ceviche.
If you liked it let us know. Comment, rate the recipe and share through all your social networks with your friends and family. Thank you very much!