Locro de Pecho
Peruvian Locro de Pecho Recipe
The Locro de Pecho recipe is typical of our Peruvian lands, and specifically representative of the Arequipa region , from which it gets its name. Its popularity is due to the wide variety of types of locros that exist. The one we bring you today is one of the most delicious: Let's start!
How to Prepare Chest Locro
If you don't know how to prepare Locro de Pecho Arequipeño, don't worry. This dish is very easy and quick to make. You need locro or beef brisket, potatoes, garlic and panca chili, among other spices. As it has a somewhat thick texture, it goes very well with white rice.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||60 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||80 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||468 calories|
- 1 kg of beef brisket or locro, cut into pieces
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 turnip cut into chunks
- 1 leek cut into pieces
- 4 veneer peppers
- 1 kg of white potato peeled and cut in half
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of ground panca chili
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- 1 sprig of mint
- First cook the broth in a pressure cooker or any other preferably deep. Introduce the meat together with 2 cups of water, salt to taste, veneer pepper, turnip, leek, and celery, all previously cut.
- Let boil for an hour and turn off the heat when the meat becomes tender. Prick it with a fork to make sure. Strain the broth and place it in a separate bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, cook a sauce with ground cumin, pepper, salt, ground panca pepper, garlic, onion, and a little oil. Leave it for a few minutes over medium heat until it is cut.
- Add the potatoes, the mint and the previously prepared broth. The potatoes should be soft so that you can later place them on a plate or container and mash them well with a fork. When they are well crushed, add them to the pot again.
- Add the pieces of meat and mix everything very well. It will be ready to serve.
Follow the following 3 Recommendations so that you can improve the preparation of Locro de Pecho.
Tips and tricks
- This dish goes very well with rice or salad.
- Sprinkle a little oil or previously prepared sauce on top of each potion.
- If the stew is too thick, add more broth. The dish should be juicy.
The word locro originates from the word Quechua ruqru or luqru. This dish has a pre-Hispanic and pre-Inca origin, arising long before the Spanish and other immigrants arrived in our lands. In our country it is consumed at all times of the year, and in almost all regions (on the coast, the jungle and the mountains).
It is said that it was born in the Andes, so it is typical of these towns and very popular in neighboring countries such as Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Paraguay. In Peru, its preparation varies as well as its ingredients, and it is that in each town it is prepared differently.
The recipe for Locro de Pecho is typical of the province of Arequipa , being able to taste in the numerous restaurants that exist here. For years this stew has been cooked using locro or beef brisket, along with the other typical ingredients of the region.
If one day you visit the region of Arequipa, I recommend you stop by a picadora so you can try this delicious dish in its hometown. The meat is mixed with endemic ingredients to give it a distinctly Peruvian flavor.
If you liked how to make Locro de Pecho Arequipeño, Tell us about your experience below and share us on your social networks with family and friends.
Follow us so that you know the best recipes of the category of meats and poultry of Peruvian cuisine:
- Ají de Gallina Recipe
- Grilled Chicken in a few steps
- Quick and easy Lomo Saltado recipe
- Delicious Chicken Stew recipe
- How to prepare a delicious Pollo al Sillao
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Locro de Pecho you can visit our category Meats.