Peruvian Matasquita Recipe
Do you want to know how to make a preparation that will surprise your family? Then the matasquita is ideal for you! It is an exquisite background dish, typical of the city of Arequipa , where it is prepared every day in the popular "picanterías". Let's go to the recipe!
How to prepare Matasquita
Matasquita consists of a preparation based on meat, potatoes and chopped vegetables . It is a very simple and inexpensive dish to prepare, which makes it a great option to get out of trouble. The best: this does not take away from the deliciousness.
|🔪 Prep Time||25 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||20 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||45 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||450 calories|
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 4 potatoes diced
- 2 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of ground panca chili
- 1 tablespoon minced or minced garlic
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 cup of shelled corn
- 1 cup minced mint
- Salt and pepper
- Oil w/n
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of oil over medium high heat.
- Add the meat and let it brown for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Now, lower the heat and add the onion, garlic and panca pepper. Then add the meat broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the preparation boils, add the potato, peas and corn.
- Cook until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Once the preparation is finished, sprinkle the chopped mint and ready to serve.
Ready! That's how fast you'll have your matasquita. here we leave you 3 TIPS to make it much better.
Tips and tricks
- If the sauce is too thick, you can add more broth.
- It is traditionally served with white rice; however, it can be served with yucca, pasta, or lots of bread.
- A good way to keep the preparation from drying out is to lower the heat to medium when it boils.
"Matasquita" is a colloquial term used to refer to a meat stew with vegetables. It is a typical dish from southern Peru, specifically from the region of Arequipa , which has its origin in the colonial era.
This preparation has several variations that have become popular in recent years. In its beginnings it was only prepared with beef; However, Currently we can find it with chicken, pork and even fish.
We know that health is important and therefore, if you are a mother or father of a family, keep in mind that this dish is very nutritious. Remember that children must consume all the necessary nutrients for a balanced diet, and this is a preparation rich in protein and carbohydrates.
To close, let's not forget that this dish is ideal to get you out of trouble. It always works for me at dinners with friends, since its preparation is easy and fast. Likewise, good portions can be served on each plate to give a good impression to the guests.
I hope you liked it, don't forget comment, rate the recipe and share with your friends and family on social networks. Thanks!
If you want to know more about this category, here are some recipes:
- Easy and quick recipe for Ají de Gallina
- How to make a Grilled Chicken
- Sauteed Loin Recipe
- Chicken stew in a few steps
- How to prepare a delicious Pollo al Sillao
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Matasquita you can visit our category Meats.