Mazamorra de Durazno
Peruvian Mazamorra de Durazno Recipe
Looking for a different drink? A fruit that nourishes and is rich? If this is what you want, then our preparation of Mazamorra de Durazno is for you. It is an exquisite drink similar to chicha with a texture that makes it unique. Ideal to combat cold or heat with an unmistakable flavor of powerful peach. If you want to learn more stay with us!
How to Prepare Peach Mazamorra
This exquisite recipe for Mazamorra de peach, as it is also called in some areas of the country. It is a recipe whose ingredients are few and easy to acquire. Ideal for a good family snack.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||50 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 10 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||197 calories|
- 3 peaches, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a pot, add a cup of water and bring to a boil. When it breaks into a boil, add a clove and cinnamon to taste to the pot.
- Next, add three peaches, peeled and cut into small cubes. Let cook for at least five minutes.
- After this indicated time, remove the peach pulp, the cloves and the cinnamon stick. Then, dissolve the three tablespoons of cornstarch in cold water and add to the preparation as in a thread without stopping mixing. Let cook once more for at least five minutes over low heat.
- Finally, strain the pulp to remove the seeds and blend the pulp. When the cooking time is over, add the liquefied peach pulp and cook for a couple more minutes.
We're not done yet, it looks like you like it, so here we'll leave you some 3 tips that you cannot miss to improve your dungeon.
Tips and tricks
- For greater enjoyment, if the fruit does not come in syrup, you can add a little sugar to your liking at the end.
- You can accompany this rich recipe with some cookies and if you like, decorate with some cinnamon powder.
- It is usually prepared to combat the cold, but you can let it cool and use it to drink cold and enjoy the sweet taste of peach.
This rich recipe is one of the many variations of mazamorra that exists in Peru. It is completely traditional in our country and is the fruit of our extensive gastronomic culture. Likewise, the curiosity of our cooks in always looking for new things
The term mazamorra is said to have two origins. one of them comes from Greece, using the word paxamádion to refer to "biscuit" and mâza to refer to the word "dough". This being the same origin of the word marzipan.
The second theory about the origin of this word comes a little further on the map. Going back to Arabia, speaking of the term mazamorra as a stew that was given to the crew of a ship as food to then continue their strength work.
In Peru these drinks called mazamorras are known by the Quechua as api since prehispanic times . With the arrival of the Spaniards, these drinks took on a different form. However, they are still the favorite desserts of a large number of people in the country.
We hope you liked our recipe and information about the Peach Mazamorra. Do not forget comment, rate and share through social networks with all your friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru.
Here to finish we leave a selection in the TOP 5 of our Desserts category just for you:
- How to prepare a delicious Rice Pudding
- Delicious recipe for Cream Flipped
- Lemon pie in a few steps
- Easy and quick recipe for Orange Keke
- How to make a Leche Asada
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Mazamorra de Durazno you can visit our category Desserts.