Mazamorra de Piña
Peruvian Mazamorra de Piña Recipe
Are you one of those traditionalist people in Peru? Do you love all the dungeons that are offered in the country? Then our preparation of Mazamorra with Pineapple is what you are looking for. East delicious fruity pineapple dessert, based on the traditional preparation of our Peruvian mazamorra, a flavor that you will love. Come with us and learn how to prepare this delight!
How to Prepare Pineapple Mazamorra
For the following Pineapple Mazamorra recipe, we will have few ingredients necessary for its preparation. In addition, it is a delicious quick preparation dessert, which makes it ideal to surprise your loved ones.
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||30 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||40 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||5 servings|
|🔥 Calories||100 calories|
- 1/4 cup of black raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups cubed pineapples
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- In a bowl, place a quarter cup of black raisins. Cover with hot water and let soak for approximately ten minutes.
- Next, pour a tablespoon of lemon juice and four cups of pineapple juice into a pot. Place the pot over medium heat for at least another ten minutes.
- Now, add two cups of pineapple cut into cubes. bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for another ten minutes
- After the time, add to this the soaked raisins and four tablespoons of sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- On the other hand, in a bowl, mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with two tablespoons of cold water and mix. When dissolved, add to the pot in the form of a thread and stir. Let cook for at least five more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder to taste and serve.
Waiting! we are not finished yet, we brought for you this time these tricks that you will enjoy with your mazamorra.
Tips and tricks
- If you like, you can add apples to the preparation, putting some pieces and apple juice instead of the pineapple.
- If you add a jar of condensed milk to the preparation and only half of the sugar, this dessert will take on a shocking flavor for diners.
- In the preparation, while it boils, you can add a clove and a cinnamon stick. This will bring out the flavors of your porridge.
This rich recipe is one of the many variations of mazamorra that exists in Peru. It is completely traditional in our country and is the fruit of our extensive gastronomic culture. Likewise, the curiosity of our cooks in always looking for new things
The term mazamorra is said to have two origins. one of them comes from Greece, using the word paxamádion to refer to "biscuit" and mâza to refer to the word "dough". This being the same origin of the word marzipan.
The second theory about the origin of this word comes a little further on the map. Going back to Arabia, speaking of the term mazamorra as a stew that was given to the crew of a ship as food to then continue their strength work.
In Peru these drinks called mazamorras are known by the Quechua as api since prehispanic times . With the arrival of the Spaniards, these drinks took on a different form. However, they are still the favorite desserts of a large number of people in the country.
We hope you liked our recipe and information about the Peach Mazamorra. Do not forget comment, rate and share through social networks with all your friends and family. We want to reach all of Peru.
Here to finish we leave a selection in the TOP 5 of our Desserts category just for you:
- How to prepare a delicious Rice Pudding
- Delicious recipe for Cream Flipped
- Lemon pie in a few steps
- Easy and quick recipe for Orange Keke
- How to make a Leche Asada
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Mazamorra de Piña you can visit our category Desserts.
Leave a Reply