Mazamorra de Zapallo
Peruvian Mazamorra de Zapallo Recipe
Some will be as surprised as I am with the name of this dessert “Pulpkin pudding”. However, I will tell you that once you try it they will be amazed with the rich flavor and its consistency. Do you want to learn how to prepare it? Here the recipe!
How to Prepare Pumpkin Mazamorra
The Mazamorra de Zapallo is cheap, simple and quick to prepare. It can be consumed hot or cold. The important thing is to get a good ripe squash with a good consistency, the one we know as macre is perfect.
|🔪 Prep Time||25 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||35 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour|
|🍽️ Servings||10 servings|
|🔥 Calories||140 calories|
- 1 1/2 kilo Macre squash
- 1 1/2 jar of evaporated milk
- 300 grams of unleavened wheat flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of water
- Peel of 1 table orange to eat not juice
- 1 cinnamon branch
- 4 Cloves
- Peel the pumpkin, remove all the seeds, wash it well and cut it into small pieces.
- In the pot, place the pumpkin, water, orange peel, cloves and cinnamon. Let cook until the pumpkin is soft (approximately 20 minutes). Cool for a few minutes before continuing.
- Remove the cinnamon, the cloves and the orange peel, blend the pumpkin, then pour it into the pot and bring it to the fire.
- With the pot over medium heat, add 1 jar of milk and the sugar, mix well. Once it breaks the boil, lower the heat to a simmer and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the flour in a little water, beating well so that no lumps form.
- Add the diluted flour to the pot, in the form of a thread, mixing well so that it is uniform, cook for about 10 minutes over low heat, moving constantly with the wooden spoon.
- Finally, add the remaining milk, mix well with the ladle, turn off the heat and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
read on and you will discover a tip so that it turns out amazing.
Tips and tricks
- You can serve it in sweets and sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon.
In our investigation we were not able to determine the true origin of the Mazamorra de Zapallo, although some agree that it is the product of the fusion with the Italian cuisine .
The Zapallo with the characteristics that we know in Peru has its origin in the American continent, archaeological studies have found evidence that it was one of the favorite foods of the Incas, long before the colonization and arrival of the Europeans to our continent.
The Pumpkin Mazamorra is considered very nutritious due to the main ingredients it contains: the pumpkin is good for digestion, fights anemia, helps to lose weight and is energizing, and the orange reduces cholesterol and strengthens the immune system.
In addition, they will find it very interesting as an option for children, because in the form of a candy, the Pumpkin Mazamorra will be providing a large amount of basic vitamins for their development. For the older members of the family, we have that its properties are very beneficial for the heart and colon.
If you liked the recipe I ask you to comment, rate the recipe and share with your family and friends through social networks. Thank you very much!
Below we share more links of other delicious peruvian desserts s to continue sweetening your palate:
- Recipe of the typical Picarones with Fig Honey
- Alfajores Recipe
- How to prepare Roasted Milk
- Delicious Tres leches cake
- Nougat from Doña Pepa to lick your fingers
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Mazamorra de Zapallo you can visit our category Desserts.
Leave a Reply