Peruvian Menestrón Criollo Recipe
In cold weather, there is nothing better than a rich and substantial soup to “warm up”, happily in our menu we have many to choose from, as is the case of the Creole Menestron, a delicious and hearty meat and vegetable based soup that is a favorite in my family. Let's go with the recipe!
How to prepare Creole Menestron
This high-calorie soup is very tasty and quick to prepare, as you can see by following the recipe in just 5 steps that we share below. LET'S COOK!
|🔪 Prep Time||10 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||1 hour|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 10 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||60 calories|
- 1 1/2 kg of beef or strip roast
- 300 grams of fresh and peeled broad beans
- 200 grams of pumpkin cut into thin strips
- 2 medium corn sliced
- 300 grams of green beans
- 500 grams canutopenne noodles
- 1 cup of blended spinach
- 1 cup basil blended
- 1 kg of yellow cassava cut into pieces
- 150 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 2 cubes of concentrated meat broth
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the meat with plenty of water to remove bone or fat residue, then cut into pieces not too large for a bite.
- In a large pot, boil the meat with water and a little salt for about half an hour.
- After that time, add all the vegetables and the concentrated broth cubes, cook for another half hour or until the meat is tender.
- Add the blended spinach and basil and the yucca, let it boil for about 5 minutes and add the noodles. Turn off the heat as soon as the noodle is cooked al dente, rectifying the salt if necessary.
- Finally sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Then we leave you here! 3 super tips for a spectacular Creole Menestrón!
Tips and tricks
- You can substitute the basil for the same amount of spinach (for people who don't like basil).
- You must choose a good and fresh yucca, because if it is not cooked together with the noodle, it will be melted and the idea is that the noodle remains whole and the yuca soft.
- You can accompany the Menestrón Criollo with slices of toasted bread, place lemon slices and more Parmesan cheese to serve as you like.
The Creole Minestrone It is the Peruvian version of the Italian soup” Minestrone ”, which is a seasonal vegetable soup, prepared mainly with White beans , pasta or rice, which has become popular in several countries for its vitamin content.
Although each country has made its own version of the dish, the only thing that does not vary is its traditional green color , either based on spinach or basil.
The Minestrone arrives in Peru with the first italian immigrants during the 16th century, adopting here the name of Menestrón Criollo because we add national products such as yucca, broad beans and potatoes in its preparation.
One of the qualities that makes this soup my conceited, is that a dish well served, It is equivalent to a main meal, that is, it does not need a second course. We are sure that your whole family will enjoy this recipe and it will become one of your favorites.
Comment, rate the recipe and share your experience on our page with your friends and family on all social networks. Thank you very much!
If you want to learn to cook more peruvian soups go to these pages:
- Chicken Broth Recipe
- How to prepare Soup a la minute
- Shrimp Chupe in a few steps
- Homemade Chilcano Fish Recipe
- How to make chaque arequipeño
User Review( vote)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Menestrón Criollo you can visit our category Soups.