Mollejitas al Ajo
Peruvian Mollejitas al Ajo Recipe
The recipe for Mollejitas al Ajo is one of the most emblematic of our northern gastronomy. It is one of the first dishes we think of when talking about the cuisine of Trujillo, our "city of eternal spring" . Today we will teach you how to prepare it, so you can surprise your family and friends at lunch. Let's get started!
How to Prepare Gizzards with Garlic
If you want to know how to prepare Gizzards with Garlic, you must be clear about one thing: although it takes time, it is a very simple dish. We just have to get all the ingredients we need . It is the only way to preserve the northern touch that characterizes it.
|🔪 Prep Time||5 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||45 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||4 servings|
|🔥 Calories||350 calories|
- 1 kilo of sweetbreads
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of chicha de jora
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of yellow pepper
- 1 cup gizzard broth
- 1 small onion diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start the preparation of the Gizzards with Garlic, wash all the gizzards very well and cut them into small pieces. Next, take them to cook in a pot until they are well cooked. When they are ready, reserve.
- Take a pan and pour some oil in it. Sauté the finely chopped onion for a few minutes. Then add the garlic, fry a little, and finish by adding the yellow pepper and oregano.
- Take a cup of broth where you parboiled the gizzards and pour it into the sofrito. Do the same with the chicha de jora and stir very well.
- Finally, remove the gizzards and add to the pan.
- After about 10-12 minutes, that the sauce has reduced, pour the soy sauce to enhance all the flavors.
- Leave on the fire for about 5 more minutes before seasoning to taste. Ready! It's that simple to prepare this delicious dish.
Now that you know how to make Gizzards with Garlic, don't wait to prepare it for your next meal. we leave you here three recommendations that will be useful when serving the dish.
Tips and tricks
- The chicha de jora gives it the characteristic Trujillo touch, since it is what is used in the original recipe. However, in case we don't have it, we can substitute with beer.
- In parallel to the cooking of the gizzards, we can parboil yucca. This is how we will serve the dish accompanied by a delicious portion of fried yuquitas.
- The sarza or Creole sauce is the quintessential companion of this rich preparation. We cannot ignore it if we want to serve it as it is traditionally done.
Although he attributes much to Peruvian cuisine, there is no characteristic that stands out more than its diversity. The category of meat and poultry is one of the most extensive and varied, because we know how to prepare everything in a way that makes it very delicious. This is exactly what we have done with the chicken gizzards.
This part of the chicken, which might not seem so pleasing to the eye, is one of the most substantial in terms of flavor and nutrients . We consume them very frequently, as it is the basis of many of our dishes. In stews or just fried, we've found a way to prepare them using our signature vegetables and spices.
The gizzards are usually cooked stewed or grilled, however, we recommend those made with garlic . History tells us that in Trujillo , this recipe became very popular among the villagers. They were the ones who discovered the wonder of adding their chicha den jora to the traditional gizzard stew.
Over the years, he managed to expand and become known throughout the country. We not only consume it at home, as one of the many recipes that we have at lunch. T We also get it in popular restaurants, where it is served accompanied by potatoes, yuccas, salad and some delicious dressing. . It is certainly an unmissable dish!
Did you like our recipe for Gizzards with Garlic? then let us know in the comments. Also do not forget to share it through social networks with friends and family. They will love it!
Finally, we present to you some of the best recipes available in our meat and poultry category.
- Easy and quick recipe for Ají de Gallina
- How to make a Grilled Chicken
- Delicious Lomo Saltado recipe
- Chicken stew in a few steps
- Chicken Sillao Recipe
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Mollejitas al Ajo you can visit our category Meats.
Leave a Reply