Olluquito con Carne
Peruvian Olluquito con Carne Recipe
There is no respectable Creole buffet that does not include a good Olluquito with Meat, with chicken or with jerky (dried meat) at your table. The Olluquito with Meat It is a main dish made from Olluco, an Andean tuber with an elongated shape, the best known is yellow in color and has been cultivated in Peru since time immemorial. Are you interested in knowing more? Let's go with the recipe!
How to Prepare Olluquito with Meat
This dish is one of the classics to feed our guests at any party or family gathering. It is a juicy stew that is very simple to prepare and tasty. If you are not a lover of red meat, you can also prepare the same recipe by changing the beef for chicken.
|🔪 Prep Time||20 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||25 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||45 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||80 calories|
- 1 kilo olluco cut into thin strands (julienne style)
- 1/2 kilo of beef cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground panca pepper
- 3 sprigs finely chopped parsley
- 1 cube of concentrated meat broth
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the previously chopped olluco in a large bowl and cover it with water, add a tablespoon of salt and let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- To start cooking, season the minced meat with a little salt and pepper and drain the olluco.
- In a tall pot, place the oil, once hot add the onion and fry until transparent, add the garlic, the yellow pepper and the panca pepper. Let brown for a couple of minutes.
- Add the meat and let it brown for a few minutes, stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn, then add the olluco, a cup of water and the concentrated meat cube, mix well and cook for approximately 20 minutes, moving from time to time.
- Finally, add the parsley, rectify the seasoning if necessary, turn off the heat and let stand covered for about 5 minutes before serving.
In less than 1 hour you have a delicious Peruvian dish on your table. Do you want some tips? we leave you 3 excellent tips right down here.
Tips and tricks
- The yellow chili will be better if you roast it a little over the fire (without veins and seeds) before grinding it.
- If you add a little dried oregano (rubbing with your hands to break it up) when browning the meat, it will bring out its flavor.
- Serve in individual dishes accompanied by well grained white rice, the juice of the stew will give it an exquisite flavor.
The Olluquito with meat is a modern version of the original Olluquito with jerky , this was the favorite food of our Inca ancestors. Using meat from call They dehydrated and dried with enough salt to keep it for a long time.
According to our historians, the olluco cut into slices or strands and the charqui were cooked in clay pots. Being consumed by the Inca and his entire court, as an "elite" food. Over the centuries, the dressing was added based on garlic, onions and our exquisite red pepper. Star condiment of this preparation.
Like many other Inca dishes, with the arrival of cattle on Peruvian soil, the jerky was changed for beef and the Olluquito with meat . Whose dish was also highly appreciated by the Spanish.
We do not need to peel it to eat it and it has a subtle sweet touch that is very tasty on the palate. In addition, it is very nutritious and since 80% of its content is water, it is highly recommended to include it in diets to combat overweight. As you can see, there are several virtues to incorporate the Olluquito with Meat in our daily menu. We hope you liked it.
Don't forget to share your experience with us. If you liked the recipe do not forget comment, rate the recipe and share on all social networks .
To continue enjoying other Peruvian dishes, we leave you the following links:
- Prepare a delicious Salted Lomo
- Easy Face Recipe neat
- Homemade recipe of Seco de Cabrito
- Delicious Creole Salted Noodle
- How to prepare Pachamanca a la Olla
User Review( votes)
If you want to know more recipes similar to Olluquito con Carne you can visit our category Meats.
Leave a Reply