Morusa Y Picante De Pallares
Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a delectable Peruvian dish? Look no further because we have an amazing recipe for you – picante de pallares! This hearty and flavorful dish is a crowd-pleaser that will leave you craving for more. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends. So let’s dive into the world of picante de pallares and discover the secrets behind its mouthwatering flavors.
- 2 cups of pallares (Peruvian white beans)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of beef, cubed
- 2 teaspoons of aji panca paste (Peruvian red chili paste)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 4 cups of beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of diced potatoes
- 1 cup of diced pumpkin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Soak the pallares in water overnight. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the beef to the pot and cook until browned on all sides.
- Stir in the aji panca paste, cumin powder, and paprika powder.
- Add the soaked pallares to the pot and pour in the broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours, or until the pallares are tender.
- Add the diced carrots, potatoes, and pumpkin to the pot. Cook for another 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Type of Dish:
Picante de pallares is a traditional Peruvian stew.
Number of Servings:
This recipe serves 6 people.
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
This recipe contains beef.
Cuisine Style or Geographic Region:
Picante de pallares is a popular dish in the coastal regions of Peru.
This dish is perfect for any occasion, from a casual family dinner to a festive gathering with friends.
What is this dish for?
This dish is perfect for warming up on a chilly evening or celebrating Peruvian cuisine with loved ones.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Total time: 3 hours
Cooking Skill Level:
This recipe is suitable for all cooking skill levels, including beginners.
This recipe can be made in any kitchen with basic cooking equipment.
Now that you have all the details, it’s time to unleash your culinary skills and prepare this mouthwatering picante de pallares. Get ready to be transported to the vibrant land of Peru with every spoonful of this delicious stew. Bon appétit!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I substitute the pallares with any other beans?
While the pallares give this dish its unique flavor and texture, you can substitute them with other white beans if necessary. Great Northern beans or cannellini beans are good alternatives.
2. Is it necessary to soak the pallares overnight?
Yes, soaking the pallares overnight helps to soften them and reduce the cooking time. If you’re short on time, you can use the quick soak method by bringing them to a boil for 5 minutes, then letting them sit for 1 hour before using.
3. Can I make this dish vegetarian?
Absolutely! You can omit the beef and use vegetable broth instead of beef broth to make this dish vegetarian. The flavors will still be delicious and satisfying.
4. How spicy is picante de pallares?
The level of spiciness can be adjusted according to your taste preferences. The aji panca paste adds a mild heat to the dish, but you can increase or decrease the amount to suit your spice tolerance.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bags. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Now that you have the answers to these frequently asked questions, you’re all set to embark on your culinary adventure with picante de pallares! Enjoy exploring the flavors and traditions of Peru in your own kitchen.