Picante de Pollo
Peruvian Picante de Pollo Recipe
This wonderful dish that exists between Peruvian and Bolivian cuisine is the preparation of Picante de Pollo. An exquisite chicken-based meal that has passed between generations for a long time and that in turn It is a main dish that can be used for special occasions. Would you like to know more about him? Lets go cook!
How to Prepare Spicy Chicken
To make this Peruvian spicy chicken recipe, some necessary ingredients will be used and others that vary between recipes or even between countries. It takes dedication because it is not such a quick recipe to make, however, it will be worth the effort.
|🔪 Prep Time||30 minutes|
|🍲 Cook Time||40 minutes|
|⏲️ Total Time||1 hour 10 minutes|
|🍽️ Servings||6 servings|
|🔥 Calories||360 calories|
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 white potatoes cut into medium pieces
- 3 onions cut into small squares
- 30 grams of peas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 grams of red chili
- Half cup of breadcrumbs
- 3 glasses of water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 3 oil tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot add water, when boiling incorporate the potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces and cook together with the peas.
- Now cut the chicken breasts into medium pieces. Then, in a frying pan, pour two tablespoons of oil and add the chicken into pieces. Let brown and reserve.
- On the other hand, in another pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil and fry the onions over low heat for approximately 15 minutes or until they are transparent.
- Once you have this, add the well-cut garlic, a little pepper, the chili and the bouillon cube. Let stand for at least 10 minutes over low heat.
- Now, go back to the pan where you left the chicken. In it, add the water and stir so that in this way, the water can carry with it the juices of the chicken meat.
- Followed by having the above, add the garlic, chili, chicken and breadcrumbs to the mixture. Let everything cook for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, add the potatoes and the cooked peas to the whole preparation. Mix until everything is incorporated very well and serve.
Now that you have learned how to prepare our delicious spicy chicken, we leave these for you 2 tricks that you can take advantage of for a better preparation.
Tips and tricks
- When you cut the potatoes, leave them in water so they don't oxidize and turn dark.
- This dish is commonly served with potatoes. However, depending on your taste, you can accompany it with a portion of white rice.
The spicy chicken is an exquisite dish of Bolivian origin that with the passing of generations and years came to Peru. When we arrived in our land, little by little, this preparation became an important part of our days; using it as a plate for important moments such as anniversaries and dates of high personal or family relevance.
This dish has had so many variations that it is even prepared in some areas of Peru with meat. In addition, commercially, its exquisite preparation is taken to the mountainous area of Argentina, where it is very popular, and to the west of Bolivia. It is here that it is considered a traditional dish and its name changes to chicken sajta .
The delicious spicy chicken has an added value, because it is used as a main dish in celebrations such as the carnival that takes place before Lent; and in others such as the celebration of all saints which is celebrated on November 1.
Also, this recipe allows for the versatility of being completely delicious and elegant, while still being very nutritious and satisfying. This is because chicken is the healthiest meat with the best protein. In addition to having among its ingredients an interesting variety of vegetables and the potato as a tuber that nourishes and turns it into a balanced dish in its entirety.
That's how easy it has been. What do you think? Let us know. Comment, rate the recipe and share through all social networks with friends and family.
If you liked this recipe you cannot miss this great TOP 5 from the same category in Meats and Poultry:
- Delicious recipe for Ají de Gallina
- How to make a delicious grilled chicken
- Loin Saltado in a few steps
- Quick and easy Chicken Stew recipe
- How to make Chicken Sillao
If you want to know more recipes similar to Picante de Pollo you can visit our category Others.